Unable to type in chat after battles

Bug Description: Typing a message after a battle (friendly or arena) will not go through after hitting the send button. The app must be restarted in order to send a message. In addition, the scrolling gets all kerfunkled as well, automatically scrolling all the way to the top or all the way to the bottom. The app also has to be restarted to correct this.

Area is was found in: Alliance chat

How do you reproduce the bug:
Step 1- Play a battle, friendly or in the arena
Step 2 - Try to type and send a message in chat
Step 3 - failure

How often does it happen: every single time

What type of device are you using: Pixel 2

3 Likes

Hey @Sammi_Waddell, sorry you’re unable to use your chat after battles! Can I ask you to reach out to our support team at support+forums@ludia.com? They’ll be happy to look into it!

This Problem isn’t NEW… i have named it to the support a few times

3 Likes

This is the reason most alliances have gone to Discord.
It’s gone unresolved for several updates.

1 Like

I’ve asked my alliance to go to Discord but it’s just not really working. It’s ‘sooo much work to copy the link on paper and then type it in.’ Some of them have joined, but my top 10 players still haven’t joined. I wish they’d just integrate links in the chat to make it easier.

2 Likes

Agreed, that’s where we’re at. Chat doesn’t allow posting links. Discord links can be tough to read for manual insertion.

It would have been nice if they chose to fix this necessary feature long ago…

Yet, here we are. Still.

2 Likes

Yep. I was hoping they would fix it in 1.8, but nope. So here’s for the soon-to-be maintenance update for all the NEW bugs that came with it.

1 Like

Yes. This is a known long time issue. Probably since alliances were created. I’m pretty sure I’ve made a bug or suggestion thread on this too. I was hoping it was one of the 125 bug fixes but I guess not because I am still not able to chat after a battle.

2 Likes

I can confirm that as someone who founded another alliance on the day they came out, that the chat bug has been there since the start.

Its totally unreasonable that such a horrible bug has gone this long without being fixed.

Do the dev team just straight up not know how to fix it? if so hire a temp to squish the bug.

2 Likes

Reach out to support? This has been happening and has been reported many times ever since alliance was implemented. The devs don’t resolve the issue.

Everyone just uses Discord instead.

1 Like

Your backlog probably already has this about 3000 times in it. This is not a problem with a specific person with a specific support key, this whole feature has been broken in multiple ways since introduction. Is no one there aware of this? It’s not even mentioned in known issues in the patch notes! I’m so baffled by this…

2 Likes

This has been an issue for a long time. It seems odd as I wouldn’t have thought that chat messages and Arena/friendly battles would not have been connected.

Hey guys, I can confirm that the team is indeed aware and working on a fix to make the chat available to you after your battles. Sadly we don’t have an ETA yet.

4 Likes

I’ve had this exact problem as well, also using a pixel. Pixel 2XL. I assumed everyone was having this problem and it was being looked at but after this amount of time I’m starting to wonder.

Great news!

1 Like

Actually im a little worried about that “No ETA” part, which means its not close to being ready.

But to be perfectly fair it should have been fixed AGES ago!

3 Likes

I have an s9 and no Matter what version or update there is, about 5% pf my messages actually get posted. Quite annoying when im trying to work with my alliance and communicate but I’m unable to. Spoke with support and I get the same answer every time…we are aware of the problem and as te working on it. Please accept our apologies while we fix this. It’s been happening since January! How long does it take to resolve this? It only takes seconds to withdraw money from my account if I make a purchase! Yet I’ve been reporting this over the past 7 months and nothing’s changed!!!

2 Likes

I posted this video message to Ludia, hoping they listen.

This is super annoying and has been happening since release of alliances . I don’t understand why they are not fixing issues with the game that are pre existing to new updates . It’s an abomination
Common already…haven’t we’ve lost enough player base .

Please Fix all these issues with game. . . . The forum isn’t even working wow…

1 Like

Wasnt part of the phantom 125 bug fixes or on the known issues list. Fixing problems doesn’t make them money or they dont know how to fix them. They’re more interested in coming out with more pay to play features like boosts.

1 Like