Ludia Forums

Universal DNA Implantation

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I think JWA should have a Universal DNA so players could convert this DNA as much as they wanted to any non-hybrid dino DNA. This would help a lot and could come in daily or even match incubators or event incubators. In addition to encouraging a lot of people to work harder, players would be able to evolve their dinos more easily and quickly, as 90% of the time the DNA we receive from event incubators is from dinos we find on the street, which delays most players to evolve and hone their dinos. What do you think?

3 Likes

Interesting. I would like the ability to sell DNA back for some coin to help upgrade other dinos. But a universal DNA that can be applied to any dino (could even work on hybrids but at a cost) could be cool. As long as they dont make it another purchase option

3 Likes

Exact! That was the word I was looking for, “Universal,” a Universal DNA would be great. Could make the option to sell, just like the boots, but also samples in daily incubators.

2 Likes

Many months ago somebody suggested awarding amber on some of the events instead of specific DNA. The Amber could then be used to purchase DNA.

The exchange rate would vary with rarity Amber being able to purchase more common than rare and more rare than epic.

3 Likes

Only if it’s reeeeally rare. Otherwise people will spend it all on one dino and the best unique will be level 30 in every team. You don’t want that, trust me.

2 Likes

The substitution was only for non-hybrid, real dinosaurs. Uniques are super hybrids requiring hybrid DNA so DNA for Uniques would not be directly purchasable. Also, the further the separation in rarity, the more DNA it costs to fuse (50, 200, 500, and 2,000 for separation of 1-4 respectively).

2 Likes

This reminds me of Rare candies in Pokemon Go. This would be cool, but I think it would have to be limited to common thru Epic rarity, obviously to prevent someone from just straight unlocking a Unique.

2 Likes

But I made it clear that Universal DNA would be for non-hybrid dinos. So, as the only ones that require fusion of common, rare and epic DNA, it would be quite difficult to level up a dino at once, but it would be quite viable because you would know that you would have the samples needed to obtain DNA from that particular dino.

Non hybrids are the ingredients for unique you know. I know I’d put it all on carbo.

1 Like

Too many people would cry that it’s too easy too easy to break the game with but I think it’s not a bad idea if they are kept very rare and only Common to Epic.

3 Likes

As long as it’s limited to non-hybrids and not too easy to obtain, I think it’d be fine.

2 Likes

Treefrog DNA would be nice. It’s like a rare candy in Pokemon that you can use as any non-hybrid DNA.

2 Likes

Of course everything is ultimately made by non-hybrids. All Uniques are Superhybrids. All Superhybrids are made by combining a non-hybrid with a hybrid and all hybrids are made with 2 non-hybrids. It takes 3 non-hybrids to make a Superhybrids.

To make the Erlidominus for example it is going to take non-hybrid DNA from a level 20 Erlikosaurus (200 per fuse), a level 15 Tyrannosaurus Rex (50 per fuse) and a level 15 Velociraptor (500 per fuse). To get these dinosaurs to level costs 3,150 for Erlikosaurus, 850 for Trex, and 11,300 for the velociraptor. Then once you can start to create and level Indominus it is going to take 900 DNA to get it to level 20 so you can use its DNA for the Indoraptor creation. Based on the average of 20 per fuse it is going to take 45 fuses to create and get that Indominus to level 20. That’s an additional 22,500 velociraptor DNA and 2,250 Trex DNA that will be needed. Now it’s going to take 250 Indoraptor DNA to be able to create it. That’s about 12.5 fuses so let’s just say 12. So now you need an additional 2,400 Erlikosaurus DNA and 600 Indominus DNA which you will have to create and will take about 30 fuses. That’s another 15,000 Velociraptor DNA and 1,500 Trex DNA.

For Indoraptor it will take about;
48,800 Velociraptor DNA (Common)
4,600 Tyrannosaurus Rex DNA (Epic)
5,550 Erlikosaurus DNA (Epic)

Of course if your lucky with fusions and with Ludia giving us the opportunity to dart hybrids sometimes these DNA costs will decrease.

With close to 20 Uniques that is a lot of DNA to have to obtain. Giving players a special currency as a reward for certain events to select any non-hybrid DNA they want is not going to cause a massive flood of Uniques being created overnight. Especially if the exchange is scaled to the rarity of the DNA so 100 of the special currency could be used to purchase 100 Epic DNA, or 400 Rare DNA or 900 Common DNA. There are no Legendary or Unique non-hybrids so those DNA’s would not be exchangeable.

Edited to add: even if they were to give 100 special currency a day for completing the daily mission reward it would take nearly 5 months to collect all the DNA necessary to create an Indoraptor if the player was starting with 0 on any of the needed dinos.

Would also like to add that you could also only exchange for DNA of dinos that you already discovered and created. The system couldn’t be used to fill in those dinosaurs are missing from your collection (you would still have to go out and find them).

1 Like

Ahhh this would be awesome

Basically the same thing as sanctuary item?

2 Likes

Yes, but at the sanctuary we already get DNA from a certain dinosaur and in very small quantities, not to mention that you have to wait 3 hours to get larger samples in the next round.