Unlocking Ceratosaurus Clash of Titans

The Mods events (or at least today’s) counts toward unlocking Clash of Titans.

Sweetening the pot

Like we have endless mods to throw on events and tournaments already. Sigh. I am really started to hate these mods events too.

4 Likes

Especially when they FORCE you to use 3 mods per fight, of which the boosters only required 1/4.

Boosters > MODS

I just reached Dom this tournament, and I’m already getting fights like these:

I’m like #50, and I’ve had enough of the tournament today. This is twice I got faced against a team with 2 legendary survival mod on top of a legendary toxin mod.

I only won the second because the AI let me win after I got it down to 1HP via the mod and they did 4 attack when they could’ve done 7 attack and won, potentially killing my Tany:

3 Likes

Wow, you think they’d try to make it accessible but nope. I guess some people might enjoy the challenge of this but I find these mod battles so slow, so frustrating on figuring out a lineup strategy (since I don’t have a bottomless supply of nullifies) and expecting Dominator will still require the same level of dinos as before even with a lack of participation, that I’d be wasting lots of resources on something I won’t achieve in the end. And I guess I am not opposed to helping send a strong message to Ludia about how much I hate this idea.

2 Likes

I did 1 fight to get the sdna reward and my participation trophy. Plan to spend my time doing the other events and watching dna videos with a short break to watch the champions league final. Not going to throw dbucks at the food and coin (aka pvp) prize wheel.

Whether we do the tournament or not won’t matter so long as we keep paying the vip membership.

1 Like

After some time playing the MOD tourney and reading your thoughts (that you shared, that is, not ESP or anything :supervillain:🏼‍♂), I’d say such tourneys favor players who’ve been around at least a year or so. (I started Apr 2018.) Main reason is, we’ve built up an overflow of various resources that MODs are quite easily within reach, only a matter of whether one is willing to exchange coins or food or whatever for those MODs. I still got my stash of decorations and buildings for trades, with with the onset of MODs, I see myself steering away from buildings towards MODs while still keeping my decorations inventory strong (zero wait time to be ready). As terrifying as Toxin and Survival are, a simple rare MOD of Nullify neutralizes that threat, and Nullify is in plentiful supply at the MOD supply spins. A time will come when you won’t even bat an eyelid spending coins in the millions, because when you start hitting 99 million, you’ll simply be glad to get something rather than nothing for coins that’ll vaporize otherwise. Now may not be the right time for you to do MOD, but that time will come if you keep plodding.

3 Likes

Before mods I was making too many coins. I needed some way to spend them. After mods, I’m making just enough coins to get 10 common mods each day.

1 Like

I am making enough coins in a day to do 10-20 Rare MOD spins and 30-40 common MOD spins, I just wish I could do it quicker, I generally will do 10 of each common and rare coin MOD spin as soon as it refreshes which will burn off 60 mil in coins. Then probably 20 more Common spins before calling it good another 52 mil coins. The next day is at a minimum another 10-20 Common mod spins and then Rare spins depending on how many coins I need to burn through or if I have a shortage of a certain MOD, if anyone wants some berserk or the block pierce MODs I will sell them to you cheap :wink:. I am happy there is a place for my coins to go now.

3 Likes

The constraint to endure this spinning wheel each time to get a mod makes me pain.

4 Likes

You can always spend a little DB and get a common or rare pack guaranteed. Spares you the pain, but goes against your principles. :exploding_head:

3 Likes

I don’t go that extreme with managing the coins, but I think you prove a point, that after a while, MODs aren’t all that tough to obtain, and proper use can effectively counter the more terrifying ones. Just imagine, you threw a bunch of DB or whatever to gain a stash of Toxin or Survival, then the AI crashes your party with triple Nullify opponents. Major heartbreak right there. :hot_face:

3 Likes

You know me very well.

1 Like

Or a server error which are about as available as Endurance or Vitality!

1 Like

For some reason my reward for finishing Clash of Titans are gone. The 50 SDNA is now linked to Fight for Funds and no reward is linked to Clash of Titans. Any one seem the same?

We all seem to have the same problem.
https://forum.ludia.com/t/clash-of-titans-possible-issue/87264/14

My Clash reward is back now, it was not earlier today.

1 Like

The last 2 clash of titans I unlock ASAP and beat all of them in one day. Anyone think they are too easy and think there should be more to this or another way to be challenged more and be rewarded? I have taken notice of posts about leveling up too much and battles become impossible so I keep my Dinos even. I’ve reached 75 and the game is still fun but surprised more additions have not occurred.

I dunno @blazerguy, I’m also an end game player and I enjoy Clash of the Titans the way it is.

Overall I think the balancing system is too hard so it’s refreshing to me that Clash of the Titans is manageable. That said, it still requires at least 15 pretty solid dinos (if you don’t lose at all) to beat it while there are other weekly events going on at the same time; so I’m terribly sorry but no- I definitely don’t want to see this event to become any harder for the same reward.

Have you maxed out all your dinos?? I’m down to 6 more to max everything, but this is the main thing that gets me to play this game everyday now that I’ve beaten everything else.

1 Like