Before you read anything below, I first want to say, of course I would love to have tons of Erlikosaurus DNA, but my point is, it is okay not to have a Erlikosaurus week.
Most people want the event week is to unlock Erlidominus. Erlidominus is REALLY hard because Erlikosaurus is extremely rare. Erlikosaurus is so rare that many people did not even unlock it.
So, let’s say, we would have a Erlikosaurus week. You would have 15 attempts (the highest attempt for epics in the game so far I believe), and you were on VIP and good at darting (300 DNA per one). You would collect 4500 DNA in total.
Leveling up from lvl 11 to lvl 20 costs 3000 DNA and you would have 1500 DNA left. Each fuse of Erlidominus costs 200 Erlikosaurus DNA, which means you would have 7 attempts. You need 250 DNA to unlock Erlidominus. and it’s very unlikely you would have Erlidominus unfortunately.
Or, let’s say you already have a lvl 20 Erlikosaurus. So, you can use the 4500 DNA on fusing Erlidominus and you would have 22 attempts to fuse. I am not sure how everyone feels about their luck on fusing, but for me, 22 attempts don’t look good, and I expect my Erlidominus would end around lvl 22. It’s good but it’s not great.
Now, here comes my conclusion:
- Let’s do not get frustrated that we do not have a Erlikosaurus week, because most likely for most people, you will not be able to get Erlidominus.
- Even there will be a Erlidominus week in the future, I do not think it will be often. The chance of getting a Erlidominus is still slim.
- Of course, something is better than nothing. I agree. But I remember after the indoraptor event, people started complaining that suddenly many people have it on their team and blamed the bad RNG for battles. It would be the same. People would face many Erlidominus and start complaining the bad RNG on clocking.
- It is good to keep it rare and grind for it for long term. In this way, we can enjoy more diverse teams in the arena. Meanwhile, we can less rely on or complain about the RNG.
- For me, I would most likely to invest in some dinos that I know I can level them up to a great level. At this stage, it would not be an ideal investment option for Erlidominus if Erlikosaurus is so rare.
I hope my post can make some people feel better if we do not have a Erlikosaurus week this Christmas or near future. It’s okay. Dont worry.