Unpopular Opinion: The new update doesnt look that great

Dont get me wrong; I like the look of the pterosaurs and like the sound of some of the things they’re adding, like lures and buffed DoT damage. But one thing I couldnt help but notice throughout the patch notes is the lack of changes to the one aspect of the game that is the most infuriating; the excessive rng. No changes to stun, dodge or crit mechanics, no change to the random team rolls, ultimately for all the new stuff added the game is going to be the same as ever; with battles being determined almost entirely by luck and chance. The sole change is to stegoceratops, a change that only affects its matchup with Dimetrodon and Secodontosaurus, 2 dinos with little use outside of this now 1 matchup. But that aside: you will still see the induriating stegoceratops stunlocks, the infuriating cloak dodges and the out of nowhere crits to ruin your match.

I also dont see how the new features are going to change the prevailing tank meta, but I am prepared to reserve judgement on that till I see it in action

One important thing to understand with RNG is that in the long run it doesn’t count.

Of course I have lost matches where my opponent did 2 crit in a row with stegodeus. But I do the same sometimes.

Moreover if your team is stronger than your opponent or your strategy is better, it doesn’t matter. You will win in a long run. You can lose 1 or 3 matchs in a row but you will win the others.

I agree that RNG is hard for players who just want their incubs or can’t play for long. But without it, would you be able to destroy the opponent erlidominus before it wipes your team? Or when you made that sweet crit that saved your day?
RNG are everywhere in almost every game and still I don’t think that my battles are made by lucky

Anyway we will see with the update at leastways they bring a lot of new features and they shake the meta :slightly_smiling_face:

if you get the crits, stuns and dodges you are going to win. no strategy is going to overcome that because you are going to be playing a similar team, and they are essentially free turns.

too many times I am left embarrassed for my opponent in arena 8 which is supposed to be the best players in the world and you will see people do the dumbest stuff because they have no idea what they are doing. these people are only there because their stegoceratops / IREX, etc. works more often than not. I imagine these are the only people supporting RNG, which is the main reason RNG is terrible. you can’t even tell who is good and who isn’t. it’s who got lucky and who didn’t.

if you allow your strategy to depend on luck then you will lose 50% of the time.

I don’t agree that this update will not change much…it WILL change a LOT just by the addition of swap-in moves and serious buff of DOT moves, which will change the meta probably similar to how the previous update changed the raptor-meta by just adding superiority strike to many dinos.

WIth RNG removed it would be so much easier. Just present your 4 best against your opponents 4 best and the computer can pick the better team. Battle over in less than 1 second.

We should play baseball the same way. Best team wins every time. No upsets. Fans hate when the underdog wins due to luck factors.

lol… RNG dishing out who gets crits, stuns and dodges and who doesn’t is the computer picking who wins.

the strategy is in how you use your dinos and attacks. do you use an appropriate counter to your opponents dino, etc. all RNG does is get in the way of that.

the computer doesnt decide who you choose or what you choose to do though. sure it sucks to get crit on or when none of your cloaks work but its that much more satisfying when they do.

Well i sign up if dodge of ibdoraptor were 1 turn 100% dodge cause mine rarely dodge and the oponent indoraptor dodge every strong attack 90% of times, and same whit indominus trash

While they aren’t currently doing anything about rng the release notes did say the below

We will also be looking at the random chance in the game. Some players mention the feeling of unfairness related to the randomness, especially when it comes to stuns and dodge chances.

Hopefully this will be just investigating the rng seeming to get long streaks one way or other, maybe due to buggy rng generator / seeding or possible (but hopefully less likely) exploits, not removing it completely.

It’s the same that saying you win 90% of the time with your strategy and awesome skills and you lose 100% of the time because of bad luck obviously.

To people who think RNG is against them (:joy:) I suggest them to write down each time you crit with % and each time you dodge and do the same with your opponents. At the end of the day you will see that it’s not a 90-10 luck for your opponents :wink:

If there was no RNG there would be a bigger increase in draws, especially with the experienced players.

if RNG evens out for everyone at the end of the day, why do we need it :thinking:

it’s not that it’s “against you”… it’s that this is not a game where you can see who’s the best. you can’t say “i won, so I’m better”. you can only say “i’m better than you, if i get luckier than you”. where if the RNG was reversed you would have lost. take it out and the better player with the better team wins. as it should be.

we have a dino battle simulator, where you tell your dinos what to do and the CPU plays it out however it feels like. nothing more. if that’s what they were going for, they nailed it. if it’s supposed to decide who’s better, it couldn’t be further from that.

if RNG evens out for everyone at the end of the day, why do we need it :thinking:

it’s not that it’s “against you”… it’s that this is not a game where you can see who’s the best. you can’t say “i won, so I’m better”. you can only say “i’m better than you, if i get luckier than you”. where if the RNG was reversed you would have lost. take it out and the better player with the better team wins. as it should be.

we have a dino battle simulator, where you tell your dinos what to do and the CPU plays it out however it feels like. nothing more. if that’s what they were going for, they got it. if it’s supposed to decide who’s better, it couldn’t be further from that.

i’ve never had a draw, but the only time i’ve ever seen draws are when you kill a dino and have damage over time act on you with enough damage to kill you. which is not related to RNG at all.

Ah yes of course, my bad, I always seem to forget it’s specific only to DOT.

But without RNG there could be some boring fights particularly if people are chosing the same dinos and same order of attacks.

You know what’s so funny about complaints against RNG? When you remove RNG from the game, it will be about who has the highest level dino and therefore can start first move, has highest health and highest damage. Therefore pay to win players will have a big laugh to the free to play players. And more complaining will erupt against pay to win or how you need to grind so much for which dont have time for because you have a live. LOL. Let’s face it, RNG is an indirect nerf to pay to win and is friend of free to play players. Be careful for what you wish for.

exactly. the people that play 5 minutes a day would complain they can’t compete with someone who’s spent $10K on the game and plays hours every day. and reality is, you should lose every time to someone like that. or else, what’s the incentive to spend money?

The new system seems orders of magnitude harder to predict your opponents move. They seem to be trying to make every Dino relevant and PVP complex.

Your opponents buff, SIA, SIA ability, Dot and duff delay and cooldown all need to be tracked in your head to predict the next move. The more Dino’s that might be played the more complex that is.

Wait till people learn to play the new way. Chain SIA and yes learn chain Stun don’t be surprised its predictable.

The 4 Dino my Dino must win its harder to make simplifies of the game aren’t the way to go. We need a pvp where skill wins don’t currently have it.

Also another consideration about removing RNG. Let’s take Stegoceratops for example. People are complaining about unfair RNG when they get stunned every turn by the opponents Stegocera. Well remove RNG and the stunning dinos are guaranteed to stun every single time… is that not what is causing the fuss with RNG already? people want to make it guaranteed instead? Seems odd.