Ludia Forums

Update 1.13 Discussion

Elitedragons?!

Why a new dragon categorie with more abilities? This will ruin all existing balancing!

Why not dragon gear to make all the existing dragons better or a way to push existing dragons to higher stars and getting a new ability?

Example: Dragon-Gear
Gear could be added in 3 categories

• Gear for 1-3star dragons
  • Gear for 4-5star dragons
  • Gear for 5star trustpoint dragons

Gear abilitys
Every gear could have a set of abilitys, for example:

• Higher Armor / Attack / Health
  • Higher skill ability
  • New Skill ability / effect
  • New max star-level (add 1-x stars to level a 3star dragon to 5stars)
  • (…)

(edit) a second idea about
ELITE DRAGONS
An other idea would be, to give all existing dragons an elite version:

• Every dragon that is maxed can get an elite level after the max stars and level.
  • Train a maxed dragon with a dupe and a get new skill version

ELITE Skills

• 1-3 Star dragons: higher skilleffect in%
  • 4-5 Star dragons: higher skilleffect in targets (one -> ricochet, ricochet -> all, …)
  • Trustpoint dragons: new additional skill effect

Continuing the discussion from [Release Notes] Titan Uprising | Update (1.13):

6 Likes

Your idea looks better!

2 Likes

Yea your ideas are way better. Ludia should really look at these but I doubt they will

4 Likes

a second idea about

ELITE DRAGONS
An other idea would be, to give all existing dragons an elite version:

• Every dragon that is maxed can get an elite level after the max stars and level.
  • Train a maxed dragon with a dupe and a get new skill version

ELITE Skills

• 1-3 Star dragons: higher skilleffect in%
  • 4-5 Star dragons: higher skilleffect in targets (one -> ricochet, ricochet -> all, …)
  • Trustpoint dragons: new additional skill effect
2 Likes

I like your ideas

Going to respectfully disagree here. I think adding gear items like this would be a bad idea. JWA (also a Ludia game) is the perfect example of this. Had a pretty decent battle system and arena until boosts were added. Then, under level dinosaurs could be way stronger than fully leveled ones because some people could pay more for their boosts than others. So what was the point of going out and catching the dinosaurs and making them stronger when you can just pay the 10 bucks or whatever, and artificially do it.

So I feel a system like The one you’ve mentioned would be too easy to twist into a pay to win sort of thing. Ludia absolutely does not have my confidence in something like that. Its already ruined one game that I love.

I do like the idea of five star dragons maybe being able to reach a higher level. But yeah. Hopefully that didn’t come off as rude.

2 Likes

Yeah, a boost that make a low level and low star dragon be stronger as a full level and star dragon is an absolutly unbalancing.

But adding new dragons that has 4 skills while all other 200-300 dragons has max 3 skills is more than an unbalancing

I like the second idea. Not the one with the gear, the next big comment! While I am not against getting gears I feel like we won’t be able to acquire as equals and some would get unfair advantage, game would also complicate some. Perhaps it’s safer to add gears only to perslnalize our dragons…

It would be interesting if maxing a 5* and using dupes or completing challenges or wtv can make it stronger/elite. And TP dragons getting additional skillsets. The way you said;

Though we could also just face new challenges for it hmmm

The 1 elite we got isn’t so strong to unbalance the game as initially feared, though also kinda disappointing (slow)… And the marketing tricks crossed a line so it was a huge cash grab and a joke. So I’d suggest next elite stuff have some balance, some logic about them.

Draft events/offers should have more reasonable prices and be available in a more consistent manner in the future.