Ludia Forums

Update 1.7 thoughts?

Re-read the patch notes. Have a few thoughts on Boosts.

I wonder what the storage capacity will be. I will not be boosting anything right off, I will wait to see how things settle in. Will I be forced to use them or lose them at some point? How long will that take?

If I do not boost anything, will I be match against players who have boosted? Will there be an option for those that choose not to, to opt out by not boosting? Not a manual opt out choice, but done in the new match making process. It states it will be using a new “matchmaking score” when searching for an opponent. Or will it be only those who have boosted to a certain point, as in the example: “(such as a level 21 unique among a team of level 13 epics)”

The first line of the matchmaking notes states:

“Now that you can modify your creature’s strength, it becomes imperative that we consider each player’s creature team when attempting to match users together.”

I remain optimistic but see a possible issue if I choose not to use this new functionality and face an opponent who does.

Example: At what point will a boosted lower level creature be matched against a higher-level creature?

Say a level 20 Rex with stats boosted. Will it be matched against a team of level 20 non-boosted, level 24 non-boosted, Level 26 non-boosted opponent? It could tear up even a higher level non-boosted team if it is faster. If I choose not to boost and it has a speed of 133, it would be faster than anything I have.

Looking forward to new crits and migration.

Disappointed with no alliance tools or fix to the flaky alliance chat.

2 Likes

Its pretty easy for match making to take account for boosts because they essentially have a level value attached to them… the difference between a fully boosted level 30 vs a non boosted level 30 is the difference between a lvl 40 and a lvl 30.

The bigger issues are going to be for the people who have the one lvl 30 on a team of 26. If they boost that 30 they are going to be setting themselves up for some terrible match making.

This match making fix isnt going to be a fix all for imbalanced teams either… your team score may vary well line up with a guy with a very unbalanced team where if you get his best 4 your gonna be at a level disadvantage but if you get his worse 4 could be at a level advantage.

1 Like

Ludia is tired of getting slammed for every buff/nerf they introduce, so 1 fine day, the developers say, alright if the players have so many opinions in us tweaking the dinos, why don’t we let THEM do it… N thus boost was born lol

2 Likes

I think the update’s going to bring much more good than bad. I can’t speak for lower tiers, but in upper tier it’s just become a repetitive cycle of who has Dracoceratops & who can tap their buttons fastest. Now we can put to rest those constant speed competitions, and anyone that attempts to speed tie @Idgt902 already knows they’ve lost the battle :joy:

9 Likes

Me being the cynic I am, I’ll hold my breath on the update not being bad. I certainly disagree with all the optimism around and I’ll leave it at that.

Why the hell did they nerf the brachi…damn I worked to hard to get that to 25 and it was still worse than almost all the uniques, plus way way way harder to level than something like a thor

1 Like

I’ve read the patch notes, but have not studied them extensively… For now, I’m mostly curious about trying my “new” Diorajasaurus. The boosts seem interesting: I already think I’m gonna boost members of my team progressively so to keep a balanced team, with maybe other creatures that I like and which are too weak as of now to be useful…

I can’t wait to see how much these boosts will cost. I may limit my boost usage the same way I’ve limited my creatures to level 20 if costs become too high at some point…

Oh! And I want my smilodon! :smiley:

1 Like

I try not to over think it.
I’m hyped for the newness of it, prepping the best I can with resources, but I need hands on the new mechanics to see how real world vs paper plays out.
My focus is on what I know for sure.
Today? That is finishing Tenonto darting.
I’ll probably think more about it on Wednesday.
And that thought will be “when does it launch?”

Great work mate! :black_heart:

Marktheshark - what makes you think that Dracoceratops isn’t going to still be the pain it is now . It’ll be even worse when it’s got 50% more attacking power , 50% more health and 100 more speed .
Within weeks the entire top 500 will have max boosted Draco’s , Thor’s , trykos etc… and you’ll still have the exact same teams with the exact same speed .
Surely the best way to keep players playing is to keep bringing out decent new dinos which will be made from new dna . To simply give the players who are willing to spend a fortune on the game the option to op their own dinos is just crazy .

2 Likes

Now that swap in attacks can go before draco, dracoceratops has an official counter.

1 Like

Considering “a fortune” is likely to be much greater a fortune than any of us can fathom, I doubt we’ll be facing those sort of problems in the immediate future

1 Like

I hope you’re right Mark

I like it! I’m especially thrilled with the Spinonyx and Erlikospyx! I think the Erlikospyx is what will really send the Indoraptor away from the very top-level meta. Not only does it have a precise rampage, but it’s also faster.
I don’t think the Utasinoraptor got “buffed.” Its attack was boosted from 1590 to 1600. It just got rounded. I already thought the Utasinoraptor was kinda crazy, but I still like this change because I like even numbers. :wink:
I’m kinda concerned with the stat boosts, but still looking forward to them. I’ll have to see them play out before I’ll know how I feel.