Ludia Forums

Update 13 - Balance & Bounty

Is there a reason that the changes to the Epic Cleric weapon proc % rate was lowered? Also the epic warrior pants action surge bonus to attack % was also lowered without being documented? I don’t play to be continually jerked around and frustrated.

I have to agree with the other comments that indicate no one that’s making these “balance” adjustments are actually playing the game. The previous update drove me away from VIP, and this one seems likely to drive me to another game entirely.

1 Like

On another note, I have just run the Heartcoil Deeps Challenge four times.

Even with my best 4 x level 16 characters. each laden with levelled items, I was utterly unable to complete the challenge.

My progress went as follows:
1st Attempt - All four heroes killed in the fourth room.
2nd Attempt - All four heroes killed in the seventh room.
3rd Attempt - All four heroes killed in the seventh room.
Final attempt - All four heroes killed in the fifth room.

In each case my heroes were nearly fully health upon entering the room. However, the monsters in these rooms were much too powerful.

What makes this uber frustrating is that I just spent a month nagging the development team to correct my account because it was previously unplayable. They were reluctant to even look at it. Now after the update the dilemma has returned.

As I don’t want to nag Waldo and the Ludians for another month, I suppose I will need to use the hack and bump my players to level 25. This may be the only reasonable way to make it playable.

I surrender.

Saarvin common helm is changed I think. We no longer get random attack pass the second row

And with the damage changed to bow only farideh epic and legendary weapon use 75% damage for a 3 range weapon

Easy there, Saarvin. Don’t lose your head over the new update!

4 Likes

I haven’t see someone else mentions this, but does anyone experienced a problem with the quests since this new update?

For some of my quests, my sucesses don’t compute toward the rewards! Making it impossible to complete them!?! For example, a daily quest expect me to gain equipment as a reward for “Sharpstone’s Dungeon”! Despite succeding donig that, my records still 0!

So, maybe someone from the support team?!

Norricksson, this seems to be a common issue. It is being discussed in the following thread.

1 Like

Thanks Buddy.

Since the mods have begun deleting unfavorable threads I will post my follow-up to another thread here as it pertains to this topic.

The sage individual [please note the sarcastism] who decided to overpower the bots again is likely the same one who chose to rig the challenge rooms. I don’t know what the developers were thinking with this update.

Issues I’ve encountered include:

1. Event and Daily Challenges not accumulating (even on Android)
  2. CR of challenges drastically increased making many challenges unplayable for players with well equipped, higher level heroes.
  3. CR of bots drastically increased making Battle Mode a nightmare.
  4. To obtain Jarl, the developers are expecting players to waste resources on a rigged and expensive Heroic Adventure
  5. Inept hero re-balancing. This was a failure.
    Additionally, most developers are wary of doing this. Mass charge-backs for similar action have crippled some other developers, even some with top rated games.

Other than the daily bribe of a new daily reward, from my perspective, each of the revisions is negatively impacting playibility and enjoyment. These changes were all poorly conceived and incompetently considered.

This update is such a travesty even the few players who routinely jump in support of Ludian lunacy have been uniformly quiet. There is just nothing good to say about any pertinent elements of this [expletive deleted] update.

3 Likes

I think the character balancing that most people actually wanted (“most” meaning the complaints I’ve seen on the forums, and had myself) was to make the characters less powerful for PvP, so that there were no more one-shots like the wizard’s Disintegrate

2 Likes

To funny , I said something negative and my post was hidden

U not need to be ofensive to put your opinion.

1 Like

High powered office

1 Like

My level 12-14 characters (19 renown) used to always get level 16 bots. Strangely after the update my first bot battle was against level 11’s, absolutely crushed them. Don’t know how the hell they r calculating the bots

It seems the bots have been removed from Battle Mode. I no longer get the ‘fight now’ button. Instead, after waiting for the button to appear, I matched against an opponent with a trophy variance up to 1000 above or below my count.

Additionally, i keep fighting the same opponents 5 or 6 times in a row, which is awful when the trophy variance is considered. Except for rare exceptions where someone comparable is available, I can neither gain nor lose substantial trophies. The gain or loss is often 12 or less points.

These changes were not included in the update notes.

Another thing that wasn’t included in the update notes: they changed guild donations. I’m renown 18, not a VIP, and before the update I was able to request 7 rares and 31(I think? Can’t remember the exact number) commons, and donate up to 3 rares and 11 commons to fulfill other people’s requests. Now, I’m back where I was before I hit renown 18: only able to donate 2 rares and 10 commons at a time. (It looks like I’m supposed to only be able to request 6 rares as well, but when I tested it last night I did get 7 pieces of the wizard’s rare weapon.)

Even though it’s not all that big of an issue, it’s still somewhat frustrating that this was changed with no warning or anything.

Guild is extremely buggy. Players that have gotten a legendary are showing up as [ ], not even a name is displayed.

The receive gift limit may say 6 but you’re receiving a possible 7. As for the donation, it is also buggy. Like you said, at this renown level it’s 3R/11C and not 2R/10C. But if you donate 2R, do a DIFFERENT donation, all of a sudden the option to donate your 3rd R is available, normalizing it. The small fix is to donate to something else to make the option tappable again, but then the problem rises again when you donate on your final equipment, leaving always 1 short of possible maximum donations… unless you do some micromanaging.

1 Like

Game is worse now. I am losing a lot more in PvP and challenges have become harder. I could clear heartcoil every time before update but not anymore

1 Like

@Ned, @Jon,

After playing a few dozen matches in Battle Mode, I think a few concerns need to be addressed with regard to the revised match-making mechanics. [Edit: These comments are for regular Battle Mode - I’m not sure if they pertain to ToM Events]

The revised match making formula does not work.

Due to the extreme variance between opponents, the results of most matches are evident before the end of the first round. Many battlers now end within 2 rounds.
None of my opponents in regular Battle Mode are comparable to my heroes in any way. Instead, they are either much weaker or much stronger.

Bring Back the Bots

It was a mistake to remove the bots. Reviving the bots may help alleviate some of these extreme mismatches. Removing human opponents would have been a better tact than removing the bots.

Scoring Miscalculations

The revised system for awarding trophy points makes no sense. For example, I just lost a battle to a player with a higher trophy count and was deducted 48 trophies. I have also won against players with much higher trophy counts and only won 12. The opposite is also true. However, i have just lost 3 battles against higher ranked players and was deducted well over than 100 trophies. Prior to the update this would have been approx. 50. As there is no logic to the revised scoring system I assume something is amiss.

[Edit: I have been advised this unfair scoring system may have been intentional. This is very disappointing and makes the situation seem more worse. Based on the description I have been given, the developers should have been aware how broken this would be. ]

Consecutive Battles Against the Same Opponent

This problem has returned with Update 13 after being corrected in a previous update.

Many players Cannot Enter Battle Mode

The problem with this is self-explanatory.

A few steps could have been taken to avoid these concerns.

Play-Testing

I do not know why Ludia chooses not to play-test changes and updates prior to public release. The addled Battle Mode match-ups would have been obvious during play-testing, and the multitude of the bugs noted in the over the past few days may have been avoided.

Player’s Recommendations Should be Considered

You may notice those who regularly defend the developers have been rendered silent by this update.
Many of these players, like myself are extremely confused and disappointed. This chaos could have been foreseen and should have been avoided. Perhaps it is time for the development team to consider the recommendations presented by the players, rather than making abstract changes that continue to compound exiting problems.

These are just a few concerns and thoughts which have surfaced with this update. The developers will have their hands full with all the bugs and issues that arisen, but it is important to correct the misguided match-ups ASAP.

I can’t address your other points, but I know what’s going on here. This is actually them fixing trophy gain loss for the Test of Might events.

When you are playing battles mode, you can get matched against Test of Might players based on their event mode trophy count. This trophy count is not visible.

Previously, trophy win loss was calculated based on the displayed values. Now it is based on the trophy counts used to arrange the match (Battle mode trophy count and event mode trophy count).

When you see “miscalculations” it is actually because you were matched up against a Test of Might player and their true Matchmaking ranking was hidden from you.

In fact, I was especially looking out for a disparity between displayed score and trophy adjustment to confirm that trophy win loss was corrected for the test of might event.

This is the data point that told me that Test of Might was fixed so that there’d be no more positive feedback loops.

[Edit - I assume we are both refering to matchmaking in Battle Mode, not the Purple Drow ToM Style Event]
So if I understand correctly I am being penalized in Battle Mode because I am being martched against opponents playing the Event? Comparing our Event scores for matching making in Battle Mode does not work because people tank in Event Mode.

They should be matching Battle Mode players against Battle Mode, and the event players against other event players. A basic script to fix this could be implemented within an hour. Instead, they have developed a binary system pitting unbalanced players together, which is particularly unfair when many elite level players deliberately lowered their event score in an effort to gain an advantage in the event. Matching these players against legitimate Battle Mode players has provided a significant disadvantage to Battle Mode players. It is obvious this would occur and instead of preventing it, they developed a flawed scoring system based upon it. This is pure incompetence and it cost me 250 Battle Mode trophies over 20-30 minutes. Additionally, I was continually matched against the same overpowering player, and regardless of his Battle Mode trophy count being 1000 more than mine, I was losing over 40 points per match because of his arbitrary event score. Knowning this was not a miscalculation makes this even more frustrating. Battles should not be binary between Battle Mode and event mode if a fair scoring structure cannot be implemented. Also, since the incompetent Ludians cannot separate the two events, they should hire some coders who can.

They continue to spend too much time and effort generating these unnecessary and inadequate mechanics that will never work. These efforts may be acceptable the Dinosaur Games Ludia makes for kids, but they do not fly in D&D games. All they do is aggravate loyal players and compel others to abandon the game.