The Gold & Glory update introduces a new Challenge Mode and updates the XP system for heroes.
The new Challenge Mode replaces the time-locked reward chests with a list of 20 instant prizes. Each time you defeat a Boss, you earn one of three Reward Dice. At the end of the challenge, you roll the dice, see the results, and then pick the prize you want to keep!
Playing the Challenge
To start a challenge, tap the Challenge button, review the list of unlocked challenges, tap the Info button to review the available rewards, and then start the challenge.
- Select Challenge
- Review Rewards
- Earn Dice
The available rewards are different for each challenge, and the reward lists change regularly, so check the update time.
Each room in the Challenge is more difficult than the previous room. Surviving heroes earn XP for every room they complete. The Boss appears every five rooms, up to three times.
For each victory against a Boss, you earn one of the Reward Dice:
- 1 victory = d6 (six-sided dice)
- 2 victories = d6 + d12 (twelve-sided dice)
- 3 victories = d6 + d12 + d20 (twenty-sided dice)
The Challenge ends when you defeat the Boss the third time, when your heroes are defeated, or when you quit the Challenge.
Collect Challenge Reward
When the Challenge ends…it’s time to roll the Reward Dice and select your reward!
Tap the screen to roll the dice, and then see which results appear in the Reward List. If you roll doubles - or even triples - the rewards are doubled (or tripled!) !
- Roll Dice
- View Results
- Collect Reward
Questions about Challenge Mode:question:
Q - What happens if I don’t defeat a Boss? Do I still roll Reward Dice?
A - No. You still earn XP for your heroes that completed the earlier dungeon rooms, but you can’t earn Reward Dice without defeating a Boss. Change your hero and gear setup, and then try again!
Q - What happened to my old reward chests after this update?
A - We opened them automatically and added the contents to your inventory. Check your notifications to see if you have new or upgradable items!
The XP system has been revised to change how heroes earn XP, and to strengthen the connection between Item levels, Hero levels, and Renown levels.
Most importantly, the new XP system eliminates the daily gold and XP caps.
Upgrade Item = Earn XP
Upgrading items now gives your hero XP instead of increasing your Renown.
Heroes continue to earn XP for completing dungeons in Adventure and Challenge modes.
Level-Up Hero = Earn Renown
Hero level-ups no longer happen automatically at the end of a dungeon or challenge. Instead, you must level-up the hero from the Hero Details screen, which shows how the hero’s combat stats will improve, and indicates the level-up cost.
Renown is no longer calculated by Renown points. Instead, you gain Renown levels by completing a set number of hero level-ups. When you have completed the required number of level-ups, you are rewarded with a new Hero pack or an Equipment pack.
- Hero Level-Up Ready
- Hero Details
- Renown Requirements
Renown Levels = Max Hero Levels
The Renown level now determines the maximum Hero level for any given Hero.
For example, at Renown level 7, the maximum Hero level is 9. If you want to raise Tommus from level 9 to level 10, you must complete 5 level-ups for other heroes in your roster and reach Renown level 8. Then, you can level-up Tommus.
Converting to the Revised XP System
All Hero Levels and Renown Levels for current players will be converted to the new system as follows:
For Hero Levels:
- Count how many item level-ups have been completed for each hero.
- Calculate how much Hero XP those level-ups are worth.
- Add the XP earned from completing dungeons.
- Compare the XP total to the Hero level requirements.
- Increase the Hero level if necessary. The Hero level will not decrease.
For Renown Levels:
- Count how many hero level-ups have been completed.
- Compare the total level-ups to the new Renown requirements.
- Increase the Renown level if necessary. The Renown level will not decrease.
- If the Renown level increases, you pick your rewards for each new level, as usual.
- Rebalanced the difficulty of the Heartcoil Deeps
- Replaced reward packs in Story dungeons with equivalent chests.
- Leaders and bosses still have booster packs
- Fixed the audio bug where multiple audio effects played at the same time
- Various performance issues
Question(s) still not answered? Then please email us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org . Answers are usually delivered within 5 business days (Monday to Friday). However, depending on App updates or unforeseen circumstances there may be additional delays in our response to you.
Follow our Social Media Channels