Useless Collections Items from Packs Bug

I’ll take that as a “yes”

2 Likes

It does seem that the current (broken) algorithm still picks items from your current collections, whether complete or not. That may explain why different players are getting different junk items. The old algorithm only failed when it couldn’t find ‘enough’ empty slots in a player’s collection - maybe it timed out after constantly, randomly picking and rejecting items as unneeded.
Why not reward players who have patiently curated their collections by making a list of “needed” runes, and randomly choosing from that list (weighted, of course, to differentiate between common → epic)? If that makes the collectibles pack too valuable in some cases, then (and only then) add some less valuable, not currently needed, options to the list.
What do you think?

3 Likes

I literally made an account just to add another voice against this insanely irritating ‘fix’. At first it was a small variation of crappy items I didn’t need, which was annoying - not enough to drive me out of lurkdom, but enough for me to wonder what the hell was going on and then talk to my computer screen in agreement with posts here. But for the past two weeks it’s just been shells. Every pack, often two in a pack, just shells. Shells for my Fish Collection. Because that is absolutely the most important collection of all! How else am I meant to get fish, after all, if not through the Collection?!
I get they want to make things harder for players because then they might spend more money, but I don’t understand why you would do that by diminishing the important of item packs. Doesn’t that make people LESS likely to spend money on packs - if they are just going to be filled with useless items? It’s baffling and I really hope things change back - or at least swing the pendulum back towards the players and meet us halfway.

6 Likes

This is still not corrected. I now have 40 packs in my mailbox that I will not open until I can get something useful out of them

3 Likes

I now have about eight hundred shells. That’s six to seven hundred cards that are basically worthless, that might have given me something useful instead.

Meanwhile, I’ve gotten exactly zero collection items that are actually useful from card packs. I have not, in fact, been able to complete one single non-special-even collection in this entire time, and it looks like I may never complete another collection.

When are the developers going to address this?

3 Likes

According to the release notes, the update should revert it back to the way it was.

3 Likes

I just got items for the Elder Sentinel collection and not stupid shells!!! So excited. Thank you Ludia for listening!

2 Likes

I think someone of us need to send a email of all of this issues to dragons@ludia.com cuz it is just too annoying

1 Like

yea but it is not happening.

1 Like

Joy! The collectibles are working like they used to! Thanks!

2 Likes

Can anyone tell me that are these problems gone or still in the game? Plz tell me anyone

1 Like

It works fine for me. Unfortunately now the only things I’m missing are gears, so that’s all I get for Collectibles.

1 Like

shouldn’t you like email the luida people for this problem?

1 Like

Eureka! 🕵🏻‍♂️

1 Like

I retract this statement. Ludia fixed the problem that I assumed they wouldn’t. I was wrong

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Necro-posting