User defined country flags/Some way to tell what timezone other users are in

Those of us who are apart of an international alliance, and even those who are not, would benefit greatly from a way to denote what country we are in/from. Every morning I wake up with raid requests from 3AM from people and so it’d be nice to have a little flag icon appended to our IGN or something along those lines so it’s easier to tell who may or may not be awake to help you out.

1 Like

I like this idea, I think it would be quite helpful. That said, I’m sure there’s a ton of flags many people don’t know. Maybe just saying what time it is in that person’s time zone would be better?

2 Likes

Yeah, that was my alternate thought, but I don’t know a ton of timezones outside the US off the top of my head either… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Maybe you set yours and then it tells you the difference between two users?

1 Like

I don’t even think you need the time zone, just have it display the actual time where they are🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Yeah, I just meant you set your timezone in settings so that the game can do the math. The other user would just see +10 or -3 or whatever number of hours difference.

1 Like

They already have your geolocation data, so they can just take that and display the time where they are. The players may not not need to input any information. Like “oh its 2 am where they are I guess, maybe I shouldn’t send them an invite?”

True. Tho they’d have to save your last known location or something for when you’re offline but that should suffice.

But yeah, that’s what I’d like to avoid is the 2AM invites.

1 Like

Yeah there has to be an option for people who don’t want to change their settings every night, but don’t want to/can’t turn their phone entirely off every night (emergencies, alarm, etc.). Personally I ended up turning raid notifications off, but I see how it’s a desirable feature - when it’s convenient for you to raid, that is.

1 Like