VIP 10K pack discount (8K)

I didn’t see a thread about it, so I figured I would post this. I don’t know how this would compare to VIP week, but seems like a decent discount (not as good as the one on the 35K packs, but decent).

4 Likes

is this deal just for VIPs?

2 Likes

I don’t think so. I don’t see a VIP exclusive heading over it.

Edit: do you not see the discount?

1 Like

still a deal for me
i only have 9550 LPs

2 Likes

How long is it going on for?

1 Like

For the entire weekend

Also that’s awesome @anon28420136! You should buy one, also post your lineup so we can evaluate if you should hatch it, it wouldn’t be a good idea to hatch a vip if your best is for example, a level 40 rare lol

1 Like

I went ahead and spent all my LP on them (14 packs).

I figured since I am not VIP there is a good chance that this is the best offer I will get.
However I also know a common strategy for developers is to give a good offer and then very shortly after give a great offer, as most have just spent all the resources on the good offer and would have to spend to get the great offer.

So hopefully there isn’t a better offer next week.

4 Likes

That’s a good point, I was going to buy 5 packs after today’s events, but I guess I’ll save them. Losing one pack isn’t much

1 Like

So I just bought it and got the first Baryonyx!

2 Likes

Nice I love that guy and here I am buying the pack getting a Gaint orthocone :expressionless: or should I say an ice cream cone like @Raptor43577

5 Likes

I mean as a vip is appreciation week really better for me when purchasing packs? Surely appreciation week is better in collecting points rather than spending, if that’s the case I may just get 3 of these discounted packs tomorrow/monday.

3 Likes

my best…is a level 40…common
and i have 3 aquatic legendarys (2 from claim your territory prizes and one from prize drop)
should I hatch them? my best aquatics are lvl 10 super-rares

I did some calculation and this might be the best deal…

Regular 10% 20% 30% 40% 50%
Discount on Pack 10,000 9,000 8,000 7,000 6,000 5,000
LP Amount 650 650 650 650 650 650
x2 1,300 1,300 1,300 1,300 1,300 1,300
x4 2,600 2,600 2,600 2,600 2,600 2,600
Regular Actual cost 9,350 8,350 7,350 6,350 5,350 4,350
VIP Actual Cost 8,700 7,700 6,700 5,700 4,700 3,700
Boosted Actual Cost 7,400 6,400 5,400 4,400 3,400 2,400

We would need to get offered packs with at least 10% off and double the LP to get at an actual cost (6,400) less than the 20% off the pack with the standard LP bonus (6,700).

5 Likes

Wow, so I might want to do my LP splurge right now then. It just feels so early I’m going to cry if they do a 40% off deal or something, lol.

1 Like

I went through the forums looking to see what I could find from last November and December and I could not find anything that would suggest a better deal, but yes I sort of feel like I might be pulling the trigger to early but I might just buy 10 packs and call it a day, that way I feel like I got some good use out of this discount but still have a decent amount left for any future discounts.

I also remembered how Ludia did the wrong thing last time and reduced the amount of LP in a 10K pack when they did the 4x bonus so I am hesitant to wait for that again now that this deal is here.

5 Likes

Arggg… you’re really selling me on this. I just got back to 300K, lol. I think I’m going for 15 packs. I think that should put me right around 200K.

2 Likes

Yeah that was cheeky of them and I’m of the same mind. I’ve only just built my LPs back up to 100k after burning them all on the last discount…but that’s what they are for I guess :slight_smile:

I still reserve the right to be annoyed if they do offer a better deal during VIP week though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Uh don’t, that’s not a smart idea at all. Hatch the legendaries, but not the banana fish. The banana fish is very strong at level one, I would say level 20-30 super rares at least. But you can hatch it if you want if you keep it at one to not let it be too unbalanced

1 Like

That would be definitely the right move IMO. You are going to have a decent amount after all that with the one you get from the packs themselves. I would do the same if I had the similar amount, but having aroud 106k makes me really hesitant to use even the half of it let aside using the whole. I am gonna eat my excitement and wait a lil longer I think. :face_with_thermometer:

1 Like

By the way, thank you so much for this really helpful chart that enlightens everything, Mr @Sionsith. It seems definitely the best offer we could take due to comparison of unclarity of when and how is gonna occur the appreciation week. However, them doing that so estimately near to the week makes me doubtful if they would make an even better offer like the column by the 10% discount with quadruple the LPs without touching the content. Anyways, due to my own calculations regarding to my current situation, even if I accumulate 20k more in the next two weeks till that period, it will make me buy a single or two more packs if that best case scenario happens. But if the cost per pack stays the same, nothing ever changes for me but the fact that I can (will be “could” that time with regret of not getting those powerful tourney destructors 2 weeks earlier and use them in the upcoming two tourneys) buy the same amount of packs with 20k less LPs just at the moment. So maybe waiting an unknown future doesn’t seem so attractive right now, but I can’t surpass the feeling of temptation of a much greater deal would come considering the holiday season yet to come. SO HILARIOUSLY STUCK IN THE MIDDLE! Living in the purgatory. :expressionless:

2 Likes