Ludia Forums

VIP instant hatchery costs

I normally only do tournament Dino’s, which I thought was $250DB, but today I tried a tournament hybrid and it was $500 DB.

I have to wait to see if I can try to see what others cost. If someone have an open hatch and Dino’s in their market, you can tap them to see the screen and cancel.

I would try if I had an available instant hatch, but I used them both already. I believe regular tournaments are 250DB, but others are more. I believe @Sionsith figured out some of the costs. I believe super hybrids are even more even though the hatch in less time. I think cost goes up by rarity.

1 Like

500 DB for Instant Hatch is still a fraction of the 1680 DB if hatched normally

I feel like JWTG has much more valuable VIP benefits than JWA

Yup, $500 is what I paid as well. So I usually do the regular tournaments since they both take 7 days (no idea WHY they don’t cost the same but they don’t). Since I typically keep my market empty, I was hoping to use it more on days where there is a good market discount, rather than paying to speed up what’s in my Hatchery, so would definitely prefer to use it on the much more expensive hybrids to maximize the discount I get, but it seems silly to pay an extra 250DBs to save the same amount of hatchery time.

4 Likes

I believe the cost is based on rarity and that cost is doubled for a hybrid and then doubled again for a shybrid.

So

Rare 25, rare hybrid 50, rare shybrid 100

SR 50, SR hybrid 100, SR shybrid 200

Legendary 100, legendary hybrid 200, legendary shybrid 400

Tourney 250, tourney hybrid 500

Really costwise it’s best to instant hatch standard tournament creatures and legendary aquatics, then place tourney hybrids and indoraptors in the standard hatchery

7 Likes

Bookmarked! :+1:

1 Like

Well, yeah obviously that is what is determining the cost… it just doesn’t make any sense that it’s done that way, vs. being based on the time that it takes to hatch.

4 Likes

Yes I agree, even a vip costs 250 to instant hatch, that’s 150 extra to what it would cost if you sped hatched it first slot :thinking:

Really I dont understand it costing bucks in the first place, a weekly cooldown means we can hardly abuse this function so I’m really not sure what they were going for here, we should count ourself lucky that the ICL doesnt cost bucks to use I suppose lol

6 Likes

Yeah Ludia making it still cost DBs when all the VIPs were expecting it to be a free Hatchery was so Ludia.

6 Likes

I hope this is t necro posting, but didn’t want to start a new thread.

Is anyone else noticing that if you use the instant hatch on a tournament creature you are not getting credit for the boss missions? Or at least I am not when they go instant hatched to the Asset Repository. Not sure if it’s just me or if it’s a global thing, and if it is a global thing if this is the intent.

3 Likes

Hmmmm…I believe I got credit when I instant hatched my two Zalmoxes. I remember because I was curious why I had completed 2 of the hatching missions when I hadn’t hatched anything from the hatcheries yet. Then I remembered that I used my two instant hatches.

Edit: this was last week. Well it was Sunday, so technically this week?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I am getting credit, but mine aren’t going to the Asset Repository. I think that’s the difference, because the program doesn’t recognize going to the AR as being placed

5 Likes

Instant hatch checks off my boss missions so must be something to do with the repository.

I have also noticed that if I hatch out lower rarities on a full paddock that go straight for dna i am now getting credit for hatching these too whereas before I was not.

3 Likes

Yeah I get credit if the creature gets sold but if the Dino is in the repository I am not getting credit for the hatch. I want to say I have gotten credit when the creature heads to a paddock out on the island, I only noticed it recently on the Asset Repository since I am working on bringing tournament creatures up to level 40 and if I have low counts in the paddock they get stored in the AR until I have enough in there to start fusing to keep Code 19 rewards high in the park.

3 Likes

I wonder if you bring that creature straight out of the repository after would it check as hatched?

1 Like

Tried that and it doesn’t seem to work, it’s like the code has already erased the “hatch” from the creature so taking it out of the repository is just like taking any creature out of the repository.

The Boss Code credit seems to be like this:
Freshly hatched creature to paddock, check
Freshly hatched creature that gets sold, check
Freshly hatched creature to Cenozoic or Aquatic area, check
Freshly hatched creature to AR, no check.

I am also wondering if even from the regular hatchery if the creature goes to the AR if I will get credit or not.

3 Likes

I guess we have to remember to take the paddock out of the repo before using the IH to get credit for it. Which is definitely not something we should have to do.

1 Like

The regular hatchery works, just tested it and it counts the hatch even when the creature is in the AR.

3 Likes