Ludia Forums

VIP month bug

I bought a VIP month 22 February. Today when I logged in, my VIP had already finished and I was encouraged to buy another month. How do I solve this?

I am still logged in through Google and I still have all my progress and gems.

That actually first happened with me last night. I’ll close out of the app and it’ll be back again. It’s happened a few times, today, though.

Hi there Nordi! Could you please contact our support team at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key so they can take a look at your account? Thanks!

Mine did the same thing today, but when I click to purchase VIP it says I’m already subscribed and will renew 9th of March. So maybe it’s just a glitch in the game right now :woman_shrugging:

Yeah same here, my VIP was gone and i thought that I just finished my VIP membership so I took my 15 gems. When I re opened the app I had VIP again (15 gems lost duh) so probably as the other ones suggested with re opening the app would help. The only thing is if you take your gems before fixing this because you will lost 15 gems (is not that much but it is still gems)