Ludia Forums

Vip thrown down event with haast statue as prize

The VIP thrown down event starts in a few days. Requires one creature… not sure if only one.

Could this be a VIP boess. Event?

But you have to defeat 30 to get the top prize.

12 Likes

Oh wow what an event, nice amount of resources good chance at tournaments and a statue that usually costs money.

8 Likes

It appears to be boss related, it’s possible the playable bosses will be redeemed for me depending on this event.

8 Likes

since the haast statue is the top reward here does it mean that they are teasing the haast eagle to get added

1 Like

The haast statue has been in the game for years but no sign of haast eagle being added yet.

4 Likes

Nope this event for me will still prove bosses suck. I have Juggy at L34 and can barely make wins from my few goes at trying to win these events. The only hope is if every enemy this event is a Pterasaur. If they require Valk, then there is no hope for me or any chance of salvaging the bosses.

Sure, these 1-off events will be fine in terms of rewards, but even in this event there is a huge gap between havoc and doom league prizes.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if this is a 1 chance event? Or will be a time limited event like the gyros and have a DB cost for each attempt?

4 Likes

Excellent questions that we won’t have answers to until it starts :frowning:

6 Likes

I was thinking that as we dont see the little progression icons that we see on other PvE it could be time limited, but I’m probably getting my hopes up :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I am hoping that since it is a four day event that it will be time limited versus attempt limited.

4 Likes

We could be looking at a high buck entry, but honestly whatever it is will be worth it to try to get that haast statue

3 Likes

The entry cost will tell a lot, but in just under 3 years of playing, this will be the first time I’ve seen the Haast Statue for something other than Real Money

6 Likes

I hope they let the playable bosses battle. I also hope it’s like the boss battle. I’ve leveled Valkyrie to 40 and am pretty consistent at winning. I don’t like to try when it’s 30 wins, but just attacked and reserved one time until I got to 18 foes left and then played for real and still won. I usually just reserve 4 and block 4 until they have at most 2 blocks. Then I attack 3, block 1, and reserve 4. I do that until I can get KOd in 4 hits or less, then I have to worry about the AI possibly attacking all 6.

Anyway, long story short, I hope they use the same algorithm as the boss battles.

3 Likes

But most 4-day events are a 1-run only, unlike the Gyros. Thus im thinking that the runs will be a 1-and-done event, but I’m hoping for many attempts so I can get a lot of copies of Haast.

5 Likes

I don’t think so. The bosses were never balanced around eachother. Omega would tear through Juggy.

I just wish the gameplay was more dynamic than a wave-type of event. Or better yet, let us use the bosses in normal PvP and PvE.

2 Likes

I mean let them play in the VIP event that we have to defeat 30 foes to win the top prize. I’m thinking they will be playable (as in we can choose to use them) or the foes will be VERY weak since there’s 30 of them (or it’s going to be near impossible).

2 Likes

I am fairly certain the play style will be exactly like the boss events currently. We will pick a boss to play and then attempt to defeat 30 creatures in a wave style. I hope Ludia keeps the difficulty the same and does not try and pull a fast one on its VIP members and increase the difficulty of this event like the indominus Gyrosphere.

Ludia will show its cards in due time.

5 Likes

I wish I was a vip, I really want the Haast statue and the top prize has a chance of pteranodon gen 2!

3 Likes

Anyone do it yet?

3 Likes

Yes it’s easy, sorry forgot about this thread and made a new one.

3 Likes