Weather in game

Ah, has anyone else not thought of adding weather or even that it can be done in the afternoon and at night in the game? And with the weather, well, it can rain, oh hurricanes, just like in the movies.

1 Like

I love this idea, but wouldn’t this cause more lag and freeze?

7 Likes

I agree! It should be optional, some devices could handle it; some can’t.

5 Likes

Has been discussed in the forums before, including me as a supporter who really misses the good old days and vibes of JPB. But it would be a major change so its coding and we cannot expect such a big addition in a game that is already in its terminal stage.

That’s my feeling though. The idea will always remain perfect. In practice… Well, sadly not.

3 Likes

That means no code 19 but instead a considerably more fun challenge known as Code Red :smirk:

3 Likes

Yeah code reds of those times were really fun to play and tense.

Now, it’s all about “perfection”.

3 Likes

I did play JPB but I never got a T rex.

1 Like

Also everyone’s game runs off of the same clock, meaning everyone’s events reset at the same time based on Ludia Headquarters time. There is no concern for your local time therefore no concern about if it’s sunny or night time where you are playing, so some folks might end up playing mostly at night or only during the day based on where their time zone is in comparison.

6 Likes

Well in JWA the map will show the weather based on your timezone despite events reseting at the same time for everyone… But since that’s Google Maps based and the game itself built with newer technology it’s understandable, that said I see your point with regard to JWtG. It would be messy to incorporate a change like that.

And of course, we love our current bugs too much and would hate to see them gone and replaced. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

That’s another smart reason standing in the way of such an update.

3 Likes

maybe it depends and how the creators do it but it would be a good challenge for the player eh even for the dinosaurs

1 Like