Weekly Schedule - 1/27/2020 - 2/2/2020

Another boss event, I hope they will not end up weekly like tournaments, and a VIP tournament next week. The start date seems to be incorrect.

4 Likes

Note that Clash of Titans ends next week (2/2)

2 Likes

According to the schedule, the Boss should be Jurassic. If that stands, I’m hoping for Valkyrie 77. That’s the only (known) Jurassic Boss I haven’t defeated.

As far as the length of the VIP tournament, the previous 2 VIP Tournaments (Rhomaleosaurus and Stygimoloch) were both 3 day affairs. While that is a long tournament for a non unlocking event, at least we got two Stygimoloch cards

2 Likes

I was wondering if it was about time for another VIP tournament. I sure would love one for our new kangaroo friend! But Tusoteuthis would be nice too (I think there’s a badge I need that one for).

2 Likes

I want the boss to be Valkyrie 77 too . I want the statue for my collection , as it is the only one I miss from Jurassic bosses. But every whole new boss is welcome too . I am surprised that they didn’t use more frightening and impressive creatures , such as sarcosuchus , for boss models .

2 Likes

I’m still missing quite a few myself particularly since much of the time I’ve been playing Ludia was messing around with the difficulty of the event and at least half of them were failures for the community!

I still don’t care for the loss of the 3-point boss attack limit as for those of us that aren’t years into the game, it quickly becomes way too expensive to do even just the daily missions, so I usually quit after the first 2 or 3 days particularly when they keep putting them up against Jurassic tournaments. At least before you could grind and grind to get them done even if you didn’t have Indoraptors, etc. I think just introducing a random element into it where at some point it might throw a higher attack was a much better balance of letting players at all levels get daily missions done while ensuring you wouldn’t feel compelled to play the same battle for hours on end to rack up the attack points.

We now know what the VIP tournament will be for:

Looks like a basic 20k pack from the amount of resources and creature.

1 Like

Three day tournament for a single copy of a 20k creature. That’s a lot of work

2 Likes

Looks like the Boss will be Vulcan. The picture is in the news feed. I’ll add one here later.

I predict now this will be a particularly low-scoring tournament. I’m not sure I’ll even bother, considering how poor the prizes in tournaments are now as well and how little I need yet another copy of this one, particularly when they barely even have us USE our aquatics any more. Maybe if I’m totally bored…

So lame Ludia, so so lame. To my knowledge this is the first time they’ve pulled this one on us, and it just shows how they will keep trying to reduce our benefits and see if we’ll put up with it. So thanks for giving me yet another reason to drop my VIP membership, in addition to the custom trade bug they refuse to address.

@Ned - Hope someone will pass on these opinions to whoever decided to do this. One of the main reasons I was even thinking of keeping my membership was the opportunities to get the 50K VIP exclusives in these tournaments. I do the lottery as well in the hopes of getting them there but those have been rarer than even the tournaments. If now we aren’t even going to get them in tournaments, or only some of the time when those already only show up a few times a year, that just tells me to only wait until they run one that includes them and join only for that month.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Cool, that’s one I don’t have yet… I think that was one of the ones that the community failed on earlier this year.

Hhm, maybe we should add a sheet to track boss events as well?

For sure, Mary_Jo. I can pass it along for you.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Hope others chime in as well if they find this as lame and pathetic as I do. I may sit out just in protest. Yeah, yeah I know Ludia probably doesn’t care, but this feels like such a total slap in the face, yet again. Not that I agree with doing this in ANY way but if they were going to give a 10K VIP creature, it could at least be one of the more desirable Jurassics like a Concavenator or Apatosaurus!

1 Like

I agree… I’m still a relatively new player, but I have so many of this VIP that I’ve been hesitant to keep opening 10K packages! I would have taken anyone who doesn’t appear in the 10K packages, and it would have been a huge help. Thanks for passing along Mary_Jo’s feedback!

3 Likes

I agree. I am fairly new, finished in Dominator League for the first time in the Gastornis Tournament and was looking forward to get something at least somewhat exciting in the VIP tournament. But now I will probably not bother.

1 Like

I don’t remember the community failing on this one, generally Herbivores are completed way ahead of schedule due to the heavy carnivore mix in the game.

1 Like

I as a more experienced player, having unlocked all legendary tournament creatures, would always prefer a VIP, not matter which one.
It is odd, but Cameroceras is one of the 10k VIPs that I do not have many of.

I could be wrong, I definitely don’t have it (only the Juggernaut) but don’t recall for sure ever battling against it so may not have been one I’ve had yet.

Just looked and this was the first World Boss I tracked which put it some time around Nov/Dec of 2018 so before you started I believe.

Today’s video:

4 Likes