Ludia Forums

Weekly Schedule - 4/27 - 5/3

New schedule is up. Standard week, except this time around we have a bracketed tournament using both Jurassics and Aquatics. Does that mean different brackets will use different creatures, or will they get very different prizes? Or both? We shall see.

Edit: The Darwinopterus Clash of Titans begins tomorrow

6 Likes

Hhm that is very interesting! Certainly could make sense to have an aquatic tournament only for the higher level players. So that’s my guess, Jurassic for the newer ones.

3 Likes

Well, if I’m anything but Jurassic, I’m toast. I might have a free weekend coming.

I was really hoping for a vip tourney and a 50k Dino. Oh well. Maybe next week.

1 Like

I don’t think I have ever experienced a non Jurassic tourney. I recall one with Mods awhile. I have no idea how my aquatic creatures would fare…

1 Like

The last bracketed tournament we have had was the Eryops tournament (10/14/19). If you have never experienced a bracketed tournament before, they are setup different from our standard tournaments.

Depending on your park level, you will be placed in one of several brackets. Most bracketed tournaments have three brackets (12-29, 30-49, and 50+). There have been some that have been divided into two brackets (sometimes 12-24/25+; other times 12-49/50+). If you are at the bottom of your bracket, expect it to be brutal. A word of caution if you are in the highest bracket, expect the tournament to require teams you would normally use in Predator League to get wins in Hatchling for very few trophies. Once you get to Dominator League, the tournament behaves in a normal manner except you typically get 40 trophies for every victory.

6 Likes

But why is it both Aquatic & Jurassic @Andy_wan_kenobi?

Also, everyone who is Lv85, for example, would be in the same bracket? Does ferocity matter?

I am Level 85, max ferocity is 2500 from Lv10 VIPs. I have a decent Jurassic lineup and my Aquatic is probably 1/2 as deep as my Jurassic. First bracketed tournament for me. I would probably lose against someone else who is Lv85, since I rushed to Lv85.

1 Like

What dose higher lv players mean. (Above what level) +60?

Typically the cutoff for the highest bracket is 50-55 park level. The brackets do not care what your teams look like. If you power leveled to a higher level with a weak bench behind you, it is possible this tournament will not be kind to you.

3 Likes

We don’t know what the different icons mean. Typically, those icons mean what creatures will be used. However, when it comes to tournaments, this has been applied inconsistently. In all of the past bracketed tournaments I’ve been a part of, the prize creatures have been similar. So, the tournament could potentially be broken down several ways: different brackets could have different prize creatures, different brackets could use different creatures, we could be doing two tournaments at once, some combination thereof, or something I’m not thinking of. We’ll have to wait until Ludia releases more details to know for sure. Also, all of the bracketed tournaments I have participated in have been Jurassic creatures for a Jurassic prize.

5 Likes

I’d say it’s almost a certainty that the lowest bracket is going to be a Jurassic tournament. As to how the aquatic icon will play out, that’s the big mystery.

2 Likes

Some people were asking about a different type of tournament and now we have one :grimacing:

2 Likes

Maybe…
10 characters

3 Likes

Yeah…not getting my hopes up just yet.

2 Likes

Bracketed tournament:
Level: 12-39 land tournament
Level: 40-59 aqua tournament
Level: 60+ aqua tournament

9 Likes

I’ve never seen one of these. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Finally we can go fishing again in a tournament @Potato. I’m so exited.

5 Likes

Thumbs up for the aqua tournament! Hope it doesn’t change at the last moment like the bananogmius one.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the clarification, @Keith. I’m excited about a new Aquatic tournament. We’ve never had a bracketed Aquatic tournament since I’ve been playing.

5 Likes

@Tommi, I’m ready! Wonder what the prize will be?

Everyone remember that bracketed tournaments start tough and stay that way?

3 Likes

Park 84 (soon to be 85) What chance do my lev 1 VIPs and lev 10 Tourneys have in an aqua tournament? (About 6 total)

I guessing I’m just around for a participation trophy.