Weekly Schedule - 4/6/2020 - 4/12/2020

Pretty normal week with the addition of a Community Event of some sort to kick off the week. Interestingly, high level players appear to only have one unlock event this week, while low and mid-level players have two. We shall see if this holds.

3 Likes

Whats a community event? Is it good?

Just works similar to a boss event where the target is reached by the actions of everyone playing. Usually these are things like hatching or evolving creatures, or battles played. Rarely is the target not met as Ludia will usually try to make them easily achievable.

4 Likes

In the past, we’ve seen hatch x number of creatures, evolve x number of creatures, feed x number of creatures/use x number of units of food, and participate in x number of PVP (Live Arena) battles (that one usually matches very well with a tournament). There’s probably some other types that I’m forgetting. While the Community usually accomplishes the goal, there have been issues with some of them. We had a Feeding Event that was met so quickly many people, especially those not in the Western Hemisphere didn’t get a chance to participate. There was a PVP Event set during a Cenozoic tournament that failed miserably. Fusion Events are dicey. Sometimes we do well; sometimes we do very poorly. Sometimes we squeak past the goal. It depends on the goal and the timeline.

4 Likes

Was hoping for a Gen 2 fury this week. I’m so close to making an I-Rex gen 2. The only hybrids I need to unlock are that and segno so my eyes are peeled :joy:

This upcoming week isn’t something extra. I am still waiting for some super rare Cenozoic and aquatic creatures, but there are still event for already unlocked creatures. It’s starting to go around and around… I hope there will be good tournament at least.

1 Like

They also have next weeks events showing up in the game…

Looks like another Gen 2 event next week if these stay here.

4 Likes

Lots of bonus unlock opportunities showing up in the previews. I didn’t get a picture of it, but today in addition to Microposaurus there was an unlock for Carnotaurus. On Wednesday, there’s a shot at Rhamphorhynchus. Thursday brings Elasmotherium. Saturday brings Monolophosaurus. Not an unlock, but there’s a special Easter Battle Event on Sunday. Next Monday gives us a shot at Quetzelcoatlus. And next Thursday, provides a shot at Pliosaurus.

Edit: Forgot the Gallimimus unlock on Thursday

4 Likes

Boss event seems to have stopped a few hours early with the edition of the PvP community event being added. Or am I off on my time?

No big deal since the boss was defeated a few days ago but was hoping for another 10 raid missions this morning.

1 Like

same here. I thought it was going to stay open.

1 Like

Chris, you’re not alone. I had lined up 4 almost-completions to finish today and get SDNA as well. And those were pretty high DNA tasks too. Last evening, I made sure to check time left, and it was identical to the ongoing VIP tourney.

3 Likes

What are supposed to do this event? Just do PvP? Do we win those dino bucks prizes below?

Hello Bruno, to participate you need to play at least one pvp match, Then when the event is over you can claim them.

4 Likes

No Nasutoceratops for the Rare unlock :frowning:

For the people who have coins to burn, there is 1 pack for buying with coins available… thought I should mention it because I know not everyone is checking the packs regularly.

Good luck you all!!

6 Likes
4 Likes

The tournament is for the ceratosaurus… which is a bit underwhelming in my opinion because it also is a battle stage unlock… but it might be useful for some…

2 Likes

It’s also quite the frequent flyer. It’s had 1 tournament and two Clash of Titans in the last 1.5 years

1 Like

Maybe its an opportunity for the weaker players :joy:

I hope u manage to get it bruno… but if not… this one of the creatures u will get anyway while u progress further

3 Likes