Ludia Forums

Weekly Schedule 5/11 - 5/17

Boss Event and a tournament this weekend. From the previews of up coming events, this is supposed to be for a Gold Salamander 16. This appears to be confirmed by the Boss Event graphic. Additionally, the image on the tournament suggests this tournament will use Jurassic creatures to unlock an Aquatic creature.

6 Likes

Personally, I’m hoping for either Suchodus or Umoonasaurus. My son needs both of those unlocks. A new creature is always nice. Dunkleosaurus would be amazing. All that said, my money is that it’s a Mosasaurus tournament. We haven’t had one in quite some time, and it is a very popular movie creature. I recognize that is was just made the Battle Stage 90 unlock, but that doesn’t mean anything.

Unless someone sees something in that graphic that I have not.

4 Likes

I just made my Dunkleosaurus, so it would be just my luck if we had a tournament for one. That would surprise me though, coming fairly soon after Megarchelon. Don’t really care which of the tournaments it’s for… it’s the darn SR Leptocleidus I am still missing as an unlock.

3 Likes

The Cenozoic Event yesterday/today was infuriating for me.

First event in months that I arguably should have won that I lost several times on with my top-level creatures and just gave up.

The difference this time is that the AI is consistently stockpiling reserve points, a stark contrast from what it normally does, which makes it more difficult to defeat.

Anybody else have this issue?

5 Likes

I wish I was 35+,I could get Ankylosaurus ,probably have to wait

2 Likes

What is the herbivore challenge and aquatic wave? I am level 29,I might make it there.

I’m making this experience for a while now that the opponents in Cenezoic events are much more defensive as in other events. They are harder to defeat but with my lineup I got lucky so far.
In my Cenezoic and aquatic lineup I consequently try to avoid having any creature stronger than my level 40 VIPs.

3 Likes

Yeah, I do hate to complain, but I feel like the team didn’t have to do this with the AI for Cenozoic Events.

A large part of what I’ve enjoyed most about this game are the predictable AI’s. The more they take that away, the more frustrating playing this game becomes for me.

2 Likes

I can’t tell for sure but I have a feeling that this new behaviour is predictable in some way too. We just have to find out.
Don’t consider it as frustrating, see it as a new challenge to show the AI who is the boss.

1 Like

I hope for ummonsaurus or Suchodus

I only get so many chances in a 24 hour period to win 4 matches in Cenozoic events with my lineup.

I either win in 4-5 attempts or I take the loss- it’s as simple as that. I do miss it when it only took 3 wins to complete. You could point to my line up not being hyper-balanced, but I used to be able to win with this set up.

Ludia’s clearly increased the amount of matches in the events (and probably the difficulty of the AI as well) in order to pressure players into spending Dino Bucks to buy back our creatures for events… But I’m not doing that- the rewards are not ever going to be worth the cost of buying higher-end creatures back from their cool-downs. It’s oxymoronic to think that hundreds, if not thousands of Dinobucks are worth the measly rewards that these events produce. That’s like Ludia is saying “I’ll trade you nickels for all those dimes you own… LOOK, they’re bigger!!”

Part of the issue with the Cenozoic Event (apart from the more obvious increased AI difficulty), is that you have to win 4x matches against top-tier level AI opponents… That means in order to win the event you have to defeat 12x top-tier level AI opponents which are all generated against your own top 9x Cenozoic creatures. The math simply doesn’t hold up to support multiple attempts at this, particularly when you have to wait longer than a day in order to get yours back.

No offense intended at all and it’s nothing against you, but I’m more inclined to just avoid these Cenozoic events altogether versus spending time and energy attempting to achieve something that’s untenable. The very definition of insanity is “Attempting the same thing over and over again, expecting to achieve a different result.”

Sighs ~~~~ Boy, how I miss the days when all the AI opponents were capped at Level 40.

5 Likes

Have you tried it with lower level creatures? I rarely use my top creatures which are level 30 VIPs and never had any problems completing the events although i lately observed that the AIs got more unpredictable and they are saving up attack points.

You may try what i usually do and it’s to put some random snow creature with the health at least 823, then a savannah with high attack like gastornis level 40 and than a high attack snow, maybe Thylacosmilus level 30 (i don’t see the rest of your lineup).

Then what happens is that you first defend with 1 point, the opponent swaps for cave and attacks or does nothing. If attacks, just defend with the next 2 and reserve all 3 in the next round. He will probably attack in 3 round with 3 or 4 points depending on how much he reserved. So at the end he will have max 1 point in reserve in case he reserved 2 from the second round. Then you should be able to win it. Sometimes i use all in attack and keep just 3 points if i am sure he is able to kill me with single attack and will have 4 points in the next round just to make sure he uses all 4.

In case he doesn’t attack in the first round after the swap, you just reserve 2 in the next. If you are very unlucky he will defend the first round and use only 1 attack in the next and then it’s lost. Otherwise he will kill the first creature with all attack points or not attack at all. If he doesn’t attack it’s the same as previous scenario. If he attacks with all he has in the second round it will turn into quick match since you then kill him with 3 points with gastornis, 2 to reserve. He will attack with 3. So then you should be able to kill him with 3 attack points and 3 to defense and then he will most likely not defend with more than 2 points with the savannah so you should be good to go to attack and take the win.

1 Like

I am going to not really go out on a limb and declare that the tournament creature is Gen 2 Mosasaurus. The tail and teeth are a dead giveaway. I’d be surprised if it were anything different. The countdown matches time until tournament as well.

6 Likes

Yes, I think so. That could mean we will manage to unlock gens 2 finally and Mossasaurus is great choice for next gen 2

4 Likes

The first thing that came to my brain when I read that was- Mosasaur Gen 2.

3 Likes

I can see the entire creature,they just gave it away.

In jurassic world alive nearly every creature has a gen 2 counterpart,sometimes they are even better,say Indominus Rex Gen 2 as an example,it is way better than Indominus Rex but uses Echo and T Rex gen 2 dna and is simpler to get. Indoraptor Gen 2 uses Blue and Indom G2 dna ,and is by far the most OP Thing in the game. It is a more complete version

2 Likes

Sometimes, and yes it’s more common on Cenozoic events, I have to encourage the AI to swap out the first creature by damaging it.

1 Like

Also look on max stats velociraptor gen 2 - best super rare dino.

There’re good reasons why some of us choose not to level up every dino we possibly can all the way up to 40. With lower level dinos, deeper bench and so more room for mistake. Faster recovery - more turns at getting battles right. Not rocket science.

1 Like