Weekly Schedule - 9/16/2019 - 9/22/2019

Diplosuchus is awesome. Between that and monostegatops we have some excellent superhybrids. I just want a super rare hybrid amphibian to counter the spinoraptor.

2 Likes

Agree on how wrong movies and TV get weapon mechanics/physics/handling/etc. Ah, just reminds me how much I miss Mythbusters!

2 Likes

Yeah,

Let’s go hunt an Indominus! Let’s take small caliber stuff that is about right for things up to 200lbs/90kg.

What? A 1400kg hippo has 5cm+ thick skin? So these dinos might have even thicker hides? Hmmm. Small guns it is!

I think Owen Grady was the only one with an acceptable caliber rifle in what looked to be a 45-70 lever gun, and even that is on the small side performance wise for really large game. And they start shooting at the indominus with small arms instead of the AT-4’s. I get movie drama, but having shear incompetence among your trained elite units kills stuff like that for me.

But what do I know… I’ve only had training in weapons, tactics and am a hunter. I’m clearly not a dinosaur hunter so I’m way outside my lane.

2 Likes

Back to the original topic… is it just me, or does the AI seem to be making more unexpected moves than usual these days? It just seems to throw a LOT more points into blocks than it ever has before. I just lost the first round of the VIP battle, completely blew my mind, because the AI had 4 points… and put ALL of them on a block. I only needed 3 to KO, and had 6 points so threw them all on an attack, as I assumed he would have blocked 2, reserved 2, as the AI always does, when it’s the last dino and it doesn’t have enough to take me out. When I saw that 4 pop up,I was totally flabbergasted…and pretty annoyed to lose. I’ve actually seen him throw 5 and 6 point blocks recently, also something new.

2 Likes

A small remark and then back to the topic: I am very happy that I live in a country where most people know next to nothing about weapons.

You are absolutely right. His behaviour did become more erratic as it was before. He now often uses much more points to block as he did before. Not in a tournament but definitely in events.

2 Likes

Yup, same here… I was also thinking that too about Jurassic World when they went to go hunt the Indominus Rex.

1 Like

Completed all events

1 Like

Only 1 event today…
Edit: finished Claim your Territory this mornig, but got Helicorpion…have a Lvl.40

@Tommi - you’re right, I haven’t seen the same thing in the tournaments, thankfully. There would be no WAY I could have gotten to the point total that I did in the last one if the AI played as erratically as they seem to be doing now in the PvE events. I also almost never can get off my meat shield with the AI using all its points on a kill, it seems to always leave at least 1 point reserved no matter what.

I definitely over-compensated when I went back to try again… finished all 3 rounds without losing more than one dino.

2 Likes

Liked it a lot more than i thought i would. If that’s the tone of the third JW movie, i’m really on board with it. My only issues were the ending with the crossbow and (this one will make sound like a psycho) that no one got eaten.
Small detail, that Allosaur is the first theropod in any Jurassic movie with the accurate hand posture.
Btw, Ludia, we NEED that Allo. Redesign ours, or give us that one as Saurophaganax.

3 Likes

Of course, for every match that I lose due to the AI behaving unexpectedly, there’s ones like the two I just had where he seemed unwilling to do ANY full on attack, and let my meat shield take out his entire team. When my apatosaurus takes out the ENTIRE opposing team, that is NOT a good showing by the AI!

2 Likes

I don’t know how I missed this until you pointed that out… Thanks

That’s a big step in the right direction for this franchise.

2 Likes

VIP herbivore not allowed in Herbivore Challenge? Could use one for the final round.

@Mary_Jo I agree the AI was definitely not doing the moves he normally would but I did manage to complete all the events from today

Events completed

I was able to complete it, but this week’s Fight for Funds really made me long for a super-rare amphibian hybrid

1 Like

So far I’ve failed at the last round of the Herbivore battle. Bad enough to have to clear a round of all carnivores… but the AI got the first move leaving me no way to get more than 2 points reserve… he took my first out having still 2 points to block. Just no way to win. I’ll just have to hope after they all CD that I have better luck on the next try.

2 Likes

Beautiful lottery win

6 Likes

I only got 5 of these today. Lucky you. Jealous. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Only 2 for me.

4 Likes