Ludia Forums

Weird Animations

Each dino has several animations for different kinds of attack. But currently, some don’t either don’t make sense or are bugged. I have listed a few examples below - feel free to list more in the comments. I will edit as more examples come in. Now there are purely visual, so it isn’t a super high priority, but they shouldn’t be hard to fix (just change Animation X to Animation Y).

1. Quetzorion uses strike animation for Nullifying Counter, even though it doesn’t do damage. I’m not sure if it has another short animation that doesn’t show damage though. Same thing happens with Procerathomimus.
  2. Woolly Rhino uses a charging animation for Instant Invincibility Taunt.
  3. Weird camera position at the end if Woolly Mammoth Bellow (Bug)
  4. Cats sometimes don’t make sound when entering battle (Smilocephalosaurus, Smilonemys)
15 Likes

Nothing tops that hilarious darwin animation

Also, it’s not exactly an animation issue but the “cats” don’t make any noise when swapping in with a swap in ability, it’s extremely unsatisfactory

3 Likes

procerathomimus does the same thing. it’s pretty funny because for a split second you expect an attack

2 Likes

Actually, speaking of them, swap in with smiloceph. That looks a bit weird. However @Mudkipz, I used woolly mammoth yesterday and saw no weird bugs or camera angles

2 Likes

The DSI one? It was fixed in 1.14.

It was still awesome tho, I would have run Darwin just for that but my stock didn’t get sky high until 1.14

1 Like

It’s at the very end, like it zooms in on the mouth or something. Maybe I should do a bug report for that one?

lol I remember that Darwin animation :joy:

Yeah I play with sound off so I don’t notice weird sounds, but put that on there too.

1 Like

Yeah, i know, but i thought It was worth mentioning such a memorable one :laughing:

1 Like

I thought I was the only oddball

2 Likes

Lol the little things just really get to me sometimes :joy:

I think mammoth has a swap-in move animation despite not having a swap-in move.

1 Like

Really? That’s really bizarre then!

Can confirm this

1 Like

I died the first time i saw this :rofl:

The new animation is awesome but i’ll miss the funny one lol

3 Likes

The boss Pyrritator when using the Pounce ability gives a bite out of his opponent instead of jumping …

2 Likes

I love the tail swipe one tho

2 Likes

I find Pyrri’s animation of tail swipe cute and funny, although I would prefer an animation similar to the one in JWTG (using the front paw / hand to attack).

I think it would be better and more unique.

But the tail swipe dance and that epic smile

2 Likes

Yes, things like these I live for