Ludia Forums

Weird Arena result

So here is an entry of my arena defense log. I lost the defense but I got 5 medals, which means 5 dragons were defeated by my defense team.

But again, if 5 of them are defeated how could I lose the defense?? It turns out that just happened and I received a loss. Please check the screen shot below.

1 Like

Hey Eric_Hubdud, could you email our support team here at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key so our team can take a closer look at this? If you could include those screenshots as well, it’d be really helpful.

Thanks!

In all likelihood the person that fought you switched out all his dragons just before attacking you (switching dragons in arena tab doesn’t get registered. Suppose you normally have the following dragons on your team: Light fury, Toothless, Hookfang, Copsekeep and Gyllentalen and just before you start a fight in arena you switch out Hookfang for Tricky 2 heads. If you then go check the log afterwards you’ll see that the system thinks you brought Light fury, Toothless, Hookfang, Copsekeep and Gyllentalon with you in the fight instead of Light fury, Toothless, Tricky 2 heads, Copsekeep and Gyllentalon. and it will consider the hookfang as being defeated even if all your dragons stayed alive. )

It is a bug that has been around for a long time. I reported it a while back when i seemingly got defeated by a person that didn’t bring any dragons with him at all.

I know this. But it doesn’t explain why I could receive 5 medals which means I killed 5 dragons in defense.

Yes it does actually. The ones that were switched out are perceived as defeated since they weren’t part of the fight. (even if the one that was switched in stayed alive the entire fight)

You are missing one point that for each defeated dragon you get one medal for good defense. I understand them dragons were switched out later, but, if I did not defeat 5 dragons I would not receive 5 medals like I did in this case.

There are not extra medals given besides defeating dragons in a battle that deemed loss.

The log clearly doesn’t keep track of the whole fight (otherwise it would display the correct dragons ). and why do something like that if you can just check the situation before the fight and compare it to the situation after the fight. So what the log thinks is that the person attacked you with Gyllentalon, Furtive, Bombwelter, DFT and Thanksgiving meatlug. But since it can’t find those after the fight anymore (cuz they were switched out for other dragons) it notes them as having been defeated and grants you a medal for each of them.