Ludia Forums

Welcome to the Aviary

… where you can look forward to opponents with 900 more trophies than yours. His OP 166-speed Thora trounced my team needless to say.

P.S. With this team (note levels) he should be nowhere near the leaderboard - much less top 100.

11 Likes

Holy crap! I knew it was bad, but that is extreme! We need some news from hq, the waiting is harsh. Hang in there!

5 Likes

Just for comparison… this is my team, some boosted, but no speed or unlimited sale exploit used. Current trophy count 4,851 (> 5,100 before the update).

1 Like

I was trying to figure out approximately how many incubators were obtained based on a 1000 trophies gained. That in itself is insanely unfair.

1 Like

Thanks to this recent opponent with 1,200 more trophies I’ll be in Lockwood very soon… does that mean no more ridiculous matches like this one? :thinking:

Meanwhile I have 4 level 30s and have dropped to 4800 range. 700 trophies from where I was before. See this is what we’re talking about with this nonsense. Leaderboard is a joke now.

3 Likes

Honestly, Aviary should be an arena for the heavy hitters to brawl it out with each other. There was no “tough” arena and now we have it. I do think it was unfair of them to just throw the lower players to the wolves like that though. They should bump up the entry to aviary to at least 5000 trophies if they’re gonna let us beat up everyone in that arena. Searching for battles sucked at the high ranks before this update so it has made it easier for high ranks to find matches. But yeah, they need to up the requirements to keep it fair.

2 Likes

It is pretty even-steven in the 3900 range where I was before boosts and still here after boosts and I’m playing every day. It was a slaughter back and forth there for a week as it appeared we all started by over boosting one dino but now we are all getting more of our teams boosted so it is somewhat normalizing in the battling.

1 Like

I’m actually glad I got pushed back down to Lockwood for now. Same boost rewards. One less worry in the arena.

1 Like

I wasn’t always in lower Aviary… have lost > 700 trophies since the update. But you’re right, I don’t see how anyone can feel good winning matches like these (and taking 10 trophies from us).

3 Likes

@DeLana Don’t worry you are not alone. I faced 2 different players with almost the same level of 22-23 with high boosted dinos. And guess what, I lose 50 trophies each of those fights! Where is the justice there? I think when weather seems better here in Montréal, I need to do a suprise visit in Ludia HQ soon… its unacceptable at all :rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

I’m sitting mid 4600’s and have been for days because I refuse to battle anymore until this mess is cleaned up. A player could be great or really crappy at battling, but this team is barely boosted and I can’t win any. Dilor is a level higher now than it was last battle, like it matters…

3 Likes

I just wanted to add… I don’t blame any of the top players for beating me if we get matched, this wasn’t their choice and they can’t afford to lose 50 trophies (I wouldn’t want anyone to let me win… I’m too competitive for that and I don’t make it easy for them - my minimally boosted Erli or Indoraptor could just save the day with some good RNG :wink:).

I just wanted to let Ludia know they might want to think about a better solution.

1 Like

@Kopas_25

Maybe we’ll start a petition and you can deliver it for us :wink:

@DeLana Hhhmmmm not bad idea eh… Sure!!!

1 Like

Well, considering that i lose 50 trophies for every loss now, i can’t say that i feel bad about anyone losing only 10. Especially in situations like last night when i lost 200 trophies in under 20min. That’s 20 wins that i have to get to break even.

1 Like

Its just in the aviary. Battled this one today in Jurassic Ruins. I’m at 3700 trophies & this was a level 23. It’s not that I don’t like the boosts. I like the idea & boosted some of mine. It’s just not as fun to battle now though when you aren’t matched consistently. Players able to boost to this level takes the point out of building a team based on the Dino’s moves & meta potential. Just a little sad battling isn’t as fun as it was:(

1 Like

That team shown by the OP is averaging about level 24. So they can improve a good 30% above this just by leveling up.

I forgot you didn’t get in on the Boosts when available, you will NEVER catch up. Ok, maybe in 10 years.

These all seem like first Jurassic World problems experienced only by the fat cats at the top. What about the newer players? Don’t they matter too?

New players definitely matter. It’s important for the entire game to be balanced. I don’t think the point is that there are speed boosts & it’s hard now. I think it’s that a mistake disrupted a large part of the game. My point was that it was trickling down to more than just the aviary. Eventually it will effect the new players too as they move up. I think you are just hearing it from the top first.

1 Like