Man, don’t want to brag or anything, but I so told all of you, that the whole nerf-o-phobia will lead to disaster, sooner or later.
I have been called all kind of names over when I was raising the red flag that, no matter how hard a creature is to grind, there shouldn’t be unquestionable “best of the best” creatures unchecked.
I was told that we need to only buff things and move forward with the power creep.
I was told if something is hard to grind or costs a lot, it deserves to be OverPowered.
And yet, here we are, the forum in flames, because now it seems that with the Stat boosts, people finally realized it’s not fun to be “bodychecked” by a pay / grind wall and being almost helpless against OP creatures backed up by the same wall.
Yes, stat boosts are kind of disastrous at their current incarnation, that there is no limit and it’s 10 tier for every dinosaur irregardless of their rarity and base stats.
But, let’s be real… All of you. You don’t need to answer me, just put your hand on your heart and let’s be honest with yourselves.
- Which creatures dominate the leaderboard currently for god knows how long?
- Which creatures are being used for abusing the boosts 99% of the time?
- And which creatures were regularly called out for needing nerfs?
That’s all. As a community, we made a bed for ourselves. Time to lie in it and face the consequences.
Now, whether or not the game can be put back into the right path, the one it had at launch, is questionable.
But do not act like this was a work of one patch. It wasn’t.
- People asked Ludia to slaughter “lesser” rarities out of the meta. They did.
- People asked for no nerfs on broken dinosaurs. Ludia listened.
- People asked that their grinding and especially spent money should give them an advantage other than having higher level creatures. Ludia granted your wish.
I could go on and on, but I am sure you get the point, by now.
Rebalancing is the core of a healthy game. Be it buff or nerfs. Without them, no game can last.
If you have any doubts, look at the current state of the game.
Sometimes it is better to bite the pill and face the short-term annoyance than to let the disease spread… Like, I get it, noone likes their work devalued.
But isn’t it better than having everything spoil, out of pride?
That’s all I wanted to say.