What do ya'll think phorurex will be made of?

I dont care if the patch notes are coming out tomorrow, wanna hear what people think :moyai:

Wait do patch notes come tomorrow?

1 Like

Phorusaura + something else. Dracorex or Dracorex G2 if I had to guess. But “rex” also just means king, so it could technically be a lot of things, though it’s less likely.

8 Likes

I think it may be g2 cuz its cunning-fierce

yep they do!

2 Likes

Oh gosh I’m so excited

2 Likes

3rd of september even tho its already third here in Australia

4 Likes

was the date confirmed by gamepress or something?

3 Likes

Nope

By ludia :moyai:

1 Like

I’m more interested in the moves.

With either Dracorex or Dracorex Gen 2, it will have a swap in attack.
Being made of Phorasaura, it can then do an instant rampage.
If it is made with Dracorex, right after doing an instant rampage, it can do an instant charge with a stun. Then if your opponent isn’t dead yet but stunned it will finish it off with delayed rampage and run on the 3rd move.

Phorurex may turn out to be one bad terrorizing beast of a bird.

8 Likes

If its a draco, then it must be gen 2 right? After all, it is a cunning fierce. Just wait till they give it 900 attack lol

1 Like

All I know for certain that it will, and has been 100% confirmed to be, a hybrid of one creature and another creature.

That’s two, count them, two creatures that it will be hybridized from.

3 Likes

Its a unique. it is definitely a super hybrid cuz it is a phorasaur…
But its armoured…

Phorurex literally means “carrier king.” DPG members have taken to nicknaming this armored Phorusaur something simpler: ‘the Gryphon.’ Both titles suit the territorial superhybrid, which carries its armor with it everywhere in the bony scutes around its skull and thick, lustrous feathers!

• from a gamepress article. This just leads to further confusion on what it is made of

(post deleted by author)

Yeah that would be like the worst parts of Ceramagnus: a swap in attack, followed by a priority attack on turn 1 before your opponent can do anything about it. Except this priority attack would probably be a rampage :grimacing:

1 Like

Oh my god this is all to complex for my simple mind

It’s just semantics. Like how you could refer to a member of the genus Tyrannosaurus as a Tyrannosaur. Adding to that, ending in “-a” vs “-us” is basically the same exact for gender (e.g. MaiasaurA vs ApatosaurUS) with “A” being associated with the feminine and “US” being masculine. Since Maiasaura means “good mother lizard”, it wouldn’t make sense for it to have a masculine suffix, and this carries over into Phorusaura.

1 Like

I thought phorasaura was called phosphasaura so i thought it was a phosphasaur instead of a phorasaur :dizzy_face: :dizzy:

1 Like

Lol that would kinda be a great name, but it’s just Phorusaura like Phorusrhachos. Everyone mispronounces or misreads dinos names though. I personally forgot the “avus” at the end of coelurosauravus.

1 Like