Ludia Forums

What happened to Monolometrodon

Like seriously, I’ve been gone and this thing has gotten more hate than gemini, ardent, and procerat, and dracoceratops combined

The reason mono get so much hate is because of how ridiculously lucidrously unbalanced it is

3 Likes

I’ve been gone a very long time, can you refresh me on it

basically without stat booat mono is already powerful but when stat boost get added players started pouring all their stat boost into mono which made it near unstopabble and can only be defeated by other boosted dinos

1 Like

Oh, ok
And I see they haven’t changed the 10 characters limit

1 Like

Which is stupid

1 Like

yes, like @dan1209 said, its a tad bit overpowered like rixis. Its very strong for its rarity and with boosts is just more of a pain and its resistances and moves make it difficult to counter

2 Likes

The problem is mainly that due to the nullification, and distraction resistance cunning swich are suposed to counter it don’t do the job well enough, in the big picture compared to uniques it may not be that strong but compared to other legendseys especialy for how easy it is to create it is pretty OP.

Does well agains both fierce and resilient, and does way too well agains cunnings, and ye theres stuff like phora and poukai to counter it, but still mono is much easyer to make and is generaly gonna be so much higher in lvl that it’s gonna beat em

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it’s gotten more hate. All of the others were pretty universally agreed upon to be too strong, so there wasn’t much to discuss. Monolometerodon is more controversial, so there’s been a lot more discussion about it, making it seem like it’s getting more hate.

4 Likes

It’s a legendary that is stupidly made of two commons, therefore it’s super easy to level, and they gave it ridiculous stats and resistances. It is 10 times easier to level than Magna and often beats it without much problem.

2 Likes

It’s basically Diet Magna, but it doesn’t act like Diet Magna in terms of how easy it is to get vs it’s use in arena

2 Likes

It is the poor man’s Magna. All the resistances minus the flamboyant pink color. Just a lot more powerful than Magna.

1 Like

It is not more powerful than Magna. In fact at lvl 26 Magna is 1522 compared to Mono’s 1400 dmg. Mono is, obviously, much easier to level though. Mono has 100 more HP at same level. Magan also does 1.5X dmg with Nullify as opposed to Mono’s 1X.

The poor man’s magna that can beat the rich man’s magna = nonsense.

3 Likes

It’s basically a budget Magna, and in practice, it’s not even that much worse than Magna despite being way easier to make. It’s really only worse on T3 in most circumstances, and while T3 isn’t totally irrelevant, a lot of the time you’re not going to make it to T3. Most of what Magna gains you over Metro is the flexibility between Nullifying & Distracting for your T1 Impact, which isn’t nothing but also isn’t necessarily such a huge deal that it’s hugely compelling to grind up a Magna over Metro. Keep in mind, too, Magna isn’t a straight upgrade over Magna, trading some of that better offensive power for poorer bulk, with 300 less HP at level 26 and less Rend resistance, which isn’t insignificant given that DC is so prevalent right now.

It doesn’t need a large nerf, but there are an enormous number of people who will either say A) it doesn’t need a nerf at all, or B) it needs huge nerfs across the board. Both are, IMO, incorrect. Metro needs a small nerf to push its value a little away from Magna (which, let’s be fair, isn’t a bad Unique either–it was Tyrant and is now High Elite on the GP Tier List, which puts it at the same ranking as Metro). I would personally remove its Distract resist–it’s not really precedented in its ingredients, and it helps cement that Metro should lose to Cunnings while remaining perfectly good against Fierce & Resilients.

I’d say it needs a small nerf overall, but its strengths should be realigned. I mean if magna’s counters can be 5-8levels lower and still beat it, why is it that most monolo’s counters need to be the exact same level and are harder to make.

1 Like

I think its strengths are fine TBH. Its weaknesses need to be more apparent. Based on class, Metro should lose to Cunnings. Now, TBF, the creatures that do beat it are primarily Cunnings, but Metro also can bruise up a number of them if not outright beat them, especially in boosted arena. Removing Distract resist would really increase the flexibility of options, though, because then you could take in something lower level against Metro & still win, and equally-leveled counters will walk away with more HP.

That would be fair. Needs its counters to work underleveled.

I personally dont consider something a true counter if it has to be the same level to beat something. In that sense, alloraptor and haast legenday hybrid (I dont know how to spell it off the top of my head) are the only true counters to monolo within its rarity at this time.

1 Like

Its actually 1450 for Magna vs 1400 for Monolometerodon. While Magnas is objectively better, they’re practically the same. Using 1 Impact + 1 rampage, Magna does 5075 damage, and Mono does 4900. The thing is, only ONE dino in the entire game has a health stat between 4900 and 5075 (Koolabourgiana), so this is the only dino with a health stat that Magna can beat in two turns that Mono can’t. There definitely are some situations where Magna wins where Mono doesn’t when you aren’t on even footing (and having a nullifying impact option helps it a lot), but the difference in attack stats isn’t as important as you think.

Its actually 300 more HP (4200 vs 3900). Like their attack stats, this isn’t hugely important, but it does make Mono slightly harder to kill overall. It also takes 4 hp boosts for Magna to match/beat Monos health, we’ve already established that their damage is essentially the same (it only takes 2 attack boosts for Mono to catch up though), and it only takes 2 speed boosts for Mono to beat Magnas speed. So depending on your build, Mono actually has a better stat spread for boosting.

1 Like

And these both have exclusive ingredients, so they’re still going to be much harder to level, likely giving Monolometerodon the advantage even in these situations.

1 Like