What I had to do to make the game fun again

Last week I discovered that not only does arena battling cause too much stress thanks to boosts, but I suck at battling, period! The recent skilled tournament with legendaries allowed where boosts were disabled (and awarded as prizes) and all creatures were set to level 26 made it painfully obvious that I’m just not good at battling anymore. Maybe I used to do better, but now I don’t have the skill required to do well.

Since last week was my birthday I decided to give myself the gift of happiness. I left my alliances on both accounts. Since I figured I would be done with the game I uninstalled.

Fast forward to today. After thinking about it a while I decided to come back, but only to hunt and play PvE. I do better battling bots than humans. Sure enough, the game is now fun again just like it was during the first few months after release when I never bothered with PvP and there were no alliances with DBI requirements.

I would be more than willing to join an alliance again if you weren’t required to enter the arena. I always complete every daily mission except the DBI one, and usually the 12-battle one too.

15 Likes

I have done much the same @deepwrinkle. I still complete my daily missions, except sometimes with the DBI. I spend my time doing PvE and catching dinos. I really am focused on just filling out my dinodex at this point.

Arena is no longer fun for me. At Aviary and above it’s all pretty much the same dinos, it’s just who can pay to boost them more (again, from my perspective).

I do like the friendly battles, which would work great toward the 12 in the daily ones, but they are so bugged you can almost never get one going. When they do work it’s fun because you can use some really different dinos that people would not spend money on boosts for.

Anyway, glad that you’re finding a way to enjoy the game.

Oh yeah, and I reduced my time here by a LOT. That also helps actually.

7 Likes

I just try to do my best to prove that I don’t need boosts and that I’m better than the whales keeps me motivated to better my team and grind for example
Won again these
image image image image image image image

There

10 Likes

I barely battle on my 1st account because I have limited creatures to work with.

My 2nd account is where I have my fun. I have 92 creatures levels 20-21. I do enjoy some PvP for the DBI’s and I’m not trying to get as high as I can. I play all kinds of different teams and it doesn’t matter if I lose. I put poor teams together just to drop a bit on purpose, getting the AI’s after a couple losses and even losing to those with weaker teams. I have all the dino’s except for 3 and working to slowly get some more up to level 20.

My opponents don’t have the variety I have but give them some different creatures to battle. None of my creatures are boosted.

5 Likes

there is too shortenings to me hahahaha. what is “PvE”? well, i know it’s not “versus Person” but what is “E”, since doesn’t seem to be “A.I.” or “Bot”?
:thinking:

well, i like the game yet, but since boosts i find many other ways of fun. taking A.R. pictures is one of them. daily missions seem ok, the only stressing part is jwa performance (i spend half of online time waiting for drone/battle loading screens, repeated animations, chat bugs, etc).

but i found a way to like arena: facing battles as single battle goal, not as game ranking goal. i mean, each battle i face as a table game match, a card match, or a casual arcade match. not as a “i need to climb in ranking” or “oh my god, i lost trophies” thing. so, a battle gets fun this way, even if i win or loose. some battles are boring but some are exciting.

and not using boosts encourages me to try more diverse teams and experience other challenges.

:sunglasses:

7 Likes

Lol ya just have to keep pushing

3 Likes

Don’t say your a bad battler @deepwrinkle, it’s the boosts which are causing problems, and in skilled tourneys it’s just a gamble. Don’t feel down, it’s a straight boost and gamble lost :worried:.

7 Likes

Lol yup whats funny is that their called skill tournaments but they are just pure RNG based

4 Likes

PvE means battling bots like the strike towers and campaign mode, but I have no idea what the “E” actually stands for. Electronic, maybe?

3 Likes

Lol you ask I give

5 Likes

Environment

4 Likes

Jinx
(10 characters)

4 Likes

Dang it! You got the info out before I could log in lol.

5 Likes

It’s pretty sad to read things like this and instantly go “yeah, I totally understand him”.
I’m sorry that you can’t take the current state of affairs with the game.
Let’s hope the situation improves in the future.

6 Likes

Knowing ludia has gone to the Butch Hartman school of then the opposite happens. They read all our suggestions and idea and just at as motivation to do worse things to the game, it’s what they have been doing since 1.7 :rofl:

3 Likes

“Her”, actually, but it’s all good :slight_smile: I have always enjoyed the hunting and PvE aspect of this game, especially since I’m a big fan of all the Jurassic Park/World movies. I do better at arena than skilled tournament, but the boost situation takes the fun out of arena for me.

6 Likes

Have always admired your play-style @Oriondestiny. It sounds like the best way to approach this game honestly.

2 Likes

I have been thinking about playing again also in a stricting hunting and strike tower/friendlies sense (free play goes without saying) and already have an alliance up, with just me in it, its THAT exclusive haha!

Anyway you are free to join if you want, not only wont i expect you to use the sewer arena, but id actually punish you harshly if i ever caught you using it bahahah j/k.

Hit me up in PM if you wanna join up.

Alliance name? Ahh I’m Glad You Asked

No really that’s the name lol

10 Likes

Lol I wish unfortunately I can’t afford to miss out on my alliance incubators

4 Likes

LOL! I love it! I shoud change my second account’s username to “ShutUpForASecond” and join! :rofl: I think I have an alliance lined up for my main account.

4 Likes