What I had to do to make the game fun again

Yep you are welcome to join on ur secondary if ya wish =D

4 Likes

I haven’t entered the arena since last year, and I’m the leader. You would be very welcome in my Alliance :grin: though we only get anywhere from 5-7 for either rewards group on any given week. I am in the exact spot as you, I only hunt and do strike events, the arena is just just stressful.

6 Likes

@deepwrinkle, I am glad you are having fun again!

I used to want to rank. I’m having fun where I am though. I hang out in Aviary and pretend those rocks are characters in a show. They laugh and chat it up while a few creatures rudely duke it out, invading their personal space. Sometimes, I catch them commentating.

This character smiles all of the time! Nothing ever gets it down.

6 Likes

I had 500 HC saved up, so when I threw a speed boost on my Utarinex I had a pleasant surprise. I had been concentrating so much on leveling my Carnotarkus that I didn’t realize that I’d saved up enough DNA to level my Trykosaurus to 29! Now to save up 200,000 coins…

7 Likes

Ummm… wow! ^^ :heart_eyes::muscle:

3 Likes

Player vs environment.

3 Likes

There should be an alliance for people like you. There must be many others. :thinking:

3 Likes

NoGutsNoGlory. Just battle and hunt. Doesn’t matter where as long as you do at least 4/7 days. Get 7/7 weekly nevertheless. I can make room for any active player. We have a few sleeping :sleeping: it would improve our chances to 8/8

5 Likes

Personally I ditched the rat race (pun not intended but hey). Now I focus on playing weekly theme teams. No hybrids other than two and a half movie canon ones. Everything is otherwise pure prehistoric.

I enjoy myself so much more not bothering with hybrids and focusing on the “real” creatures. It takes a while to settle into where I should be in the Arena (yo-yoing between Lockwood Estate and Aviary) but the game is far more enjoyable for me now doing this than trying to climb the competitive ladder.

7 Likes

I am now in the same alliance as @Sixty-Four! Big thanks to @Viatovic!

BTW, you know what else is fun? Using my unboosted Level 30 Velociraptor in strike events.

4 Likes

I always thought PVE was player vs event…

1 Like

It’s fairly obvious the shortfall in alliance missions is battles and takedowns for most alliances.

You’ll notice most alliance recruitment posts/pleas mention they need battlers.

It’s a shame because I think arena is the best element of the game, but certainly not in its current form.

1 Like

Happy Birthday deepwrinkle (even if it is a bit late). :birthday:

3 Likes

OK, as much as I hate having to lose 50% of what I invested in boosts (luckily I’m 100% F2P so it was only earned, saved HC), here is my attempt to make my team a little more meta-relevant. I removed all the boosts from my benched Tragod and Utarinex and made a semi-thicc Erlidom, which replaced Utarinex. Thor was unboosted after I removed all of his boosts when boosts 2.0 started, so I replaced him with my 0-1-1 IncomeRaptor.

2 Likes

This was fun! 2-2 and I had my thicc Stegod out. I take out opponent’s Magna with it, then here comes L30 Suchotator with Lethal Wound. I rampaged and swapped to my newly added Erlidom. Suchotator uses Nullifying Impact and swaps to DracoRat, which left me with 72 HP, I responded appropriately: MORTAL COMBAT! Show us the best pics of the bloody new update!

1 Like

The “skill tournaments” is mostly about finding the perfect team that can deal with all kinds of opponents and at the same time you must know the mind games and reverse psychology in which moves you should pick. And then suddenly it get twisted when it’s reverse reverse psychology and you pick the obvious move after all :joy: :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Glad you joined us :slight_smile: also the lvl 30 velociraptor is awesome I’m working on that now lol.

3 Likes

She’s great fun! Just do a bunch of night hunts and you’ll have her at L30 eventually. I hunt at night, every night, I used to dart every single raptor I saw, but now that I have well over 250,000 Velociraptor DNA I only dart her for daily missions and topping off after donating.

2 Likes

If you still looking for an alliance, get in to “tera nova titan”… We are looking for active members

1 Like

At what point does your second account become your first account? I have been away from the forum on sabbatical for the last year or so, but I distinctly remember you speaking highly of playing with your second account quite frequently back then too. It’s not a problem, I’m just genuinely curious about the situation.

4 Likes