What is RNG?

I see it here all the time

Random number generator. It determines the dodges and critical hits

Cancer…

Also it choose for you the 4 dinos in every fight, from the 8 you have in your team.

Anytime you see something that has a % chance to happen, that’s RNG (speed reduction and attack boost are static not chance, so not RNG). The 75% chance to stun a lot of creatures have means that (in theory) 75 times out of 100 chances you’ll successfully stun your opponent (successful chances include the effect hitting against an immune creature and it not taking effect). The 50% chance I-Rex has to dodge incoming attacks while cloaked, crit chance, etc. Doesn’t always seem like it works out that way, but it should mean that if you look at 100 attempts, 1000 attempts, etc it should roughly be x/100 or x/1000 (x being whatever the % chance to happen is). It also is used to determine your team in battle when you fight in the arena as mentioned earlier, as well as what dinos you see spawned in the wild (within a zone as well as global spawns).

It’s basically how this game runs.

You love it when RNG is on your side, you hate it when it’s not on your side. But everything about this game is RNG pretty much.

Actually, it’s more like a roll of a dice in the various role-playing games, for example if you have a strong hero and to hit you need at least a 2, you can always have bad luck and you always come out with a 1, 10 times in a row (75% chance to stun that never works) or on the contrary if you have 10% chance of stun it is like when you have to do 6 with the dice, and anyway you can have good luck and do 6 all the time.

Ok @Bahighroller let me link a metahub post about, in which all is well explained :wink:

Because we see something like 75% chance to stun and think 100% chance to stun. And we see something like 50% chance to dodge and we assume it means we will only get hit every other turn. But that’s not how it works.
Because when you have a 75% chance to stun and you miss, that doesn’t mean your chance of getting a stun next time goes up to 80% or 85%. Next time, you have the exact same chance (75%). Because sure, if you flip a coin 100 times, you probably won’t come up heads 100 times in a row, but you absolutely could. And that wouldn’t be “wildly improbable” or “nearly impossible” or “unfair” or even “unlikely” — because every individual coin flip had a 50/50 shot of being heads, and the coin doesn’t remember what happened last time.

Exactly. That possibility exists. Though contextually, 10 tries isn’t enough to establish a true example set. That’s why I put it over 100 or 1000, or even higher. In the long term the %age chance should show that it happens x/100 times roughly, give or take a few here and there. If it doesn’t, then the %age chance may need to be evaluated at the code level and adjusted.

Yes the decreasing curve, in the long term, will turn out to be an increasingly straight line. :+1:

You nailed it…a decreasing curve that suddenly becomes an increasingly straight line :roll_eyes: