Ludia Forums

What is the second best tank in the game

We all know by now that stegod is the best tank of the game. Hell its in the overall best dinos top 5 at least imo. But the second tank slot is way more interesting since there are pretty good contenders for that slot. So which one do you think is the second best tank in the game
Contenders:
Tragodistis: Well this guy would be most people’s choice of second tank. Heavily defensive and no bad moves is just awesome. Superiority is the strongest basic attack in the game and this guy over here has it. With high armor and counterattack this guy grind the game like a boss
Ankyntrosuarus: this guy is the defensive mob with insta invincibility and cripple combined. If you dont have a counter dino this dino is really hard to kill since you are attacking 1/4 of the turns but if you have immune dinos and/or shjeld breakers this is the easiest one to counter. Not having superiority hurts but nullifying is sweet.
Alankylasaurus: this guy is an even more defensive version of tragodistis . No counterattack and lower speed hurts but makes up for it with SII hard countered by shield breakers but the suprise block is game changing. Cloaked indom rampage was never less useful. And if used properly this guy can grind the game so much. I remember killing a level 20 indom full health with this guy at 192 health left and another indom of myself (the indom did no damage i just used it to swap in and out)
Rajakylosaurus:some people may be suprised that this guy is here. Some people dont consider this guy a tank. Well not suprisingly its a tank and a great one of that. Lots of shields and 1x counter attack is great. And with extended crit strike most of your hits are crits. This guy can win games. It has the worst basic attack of all the contenters but pinning has its uses when it is on a counterattack dino that hits hard.
So what are your thoughts? I am curious of what people think

1 Like

why not monosteg??? You gotta include the dps tank mine is the most lethal outdps my higher lvl stegod because his crits are brutal!!! Laughs at shielders dodgers cloakers while stomping them into the dirt! My no2 tank choice definetly dmg>survivability imho

5 Likes

Ankylocodon. Sure, it seems useless at first, but keep levelling it and it’s a powerhouse IMMUNITY tank with teeth!

3 Likes

If you defined Rajakylo as a tank, then Tryko should also been a tank, with 30% armor & invincibility.
And I’ll say Tryko is the second best tank, if it is not the best.

5 Likes

Yes agree with @Tarbosaurus tryko is definitely one of the best

It’s Trykosaurus, the tank-buster tank.

Then dioraja is too a tank whir 30% and shield and invincibility too xd

1 Like

i cant believe you didnt even mention GIGASPIKASAUR!!:rage:

2 Likes

Dioraja. I forgot about Godzilla’s illegitimate son…

1 Like

Oh my poor monostego :cold_sweat:… it never stuns but it crits like every time :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t think the OP meant that list to be exhaustive… (maybe just state your pick and why)

I am curious to hear what people choose and why

Great question! @Tsuki

Best for soaking up hits: giga
Best surprise factor: Alankylo
Best attack from a tank: tryko
Fastest moving tank: trago
Prettiest tank: Dioraja
Best for annoying the heck out of opponent: ankyntro

My second choice: stegacera/monosteg

• decent HP and armor to soak up damage
  • variety of moves make it formidable vs many opponents
  • both have the ability to slow the (non-immune) opponent to make up for their sluggish speed
  • relatively easy to obtain ingredients
  • above average damage (for the overall moveset) compared to other tanks
2 Likes

I’d say tragoditis. Well-rounded, vital element for the team. You will think I’m bragging but this thing can take down stegod head to head on a flat level.

Does monomimus count? :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Giga. 30 giga vs 30 Stego. Giga shoukd come up on top if you know how to play it.

1 Like

yes!! giga spika sir

1 Like

Mine 2 shot killed by opponent, and didn’t dodge at all.

Definitely not tanky.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Rajakylo and trGo for sure. Cant say anything about the uniques, as they are almost impossible to get

1 Like