What is the true meaning of fodder main fodder?

Yep
Also how to master it
What are its benefits?
And how can anyone understand how to do it successfully by looking at anyone’s roster?

Master it? Practise. How it works? Two commons paired with a strong creature in between. For example, level 40 VIP paired with two commons in Dominator battle.

3 Likes

When you start a battle that way you get free reserve for weak creture that die in one hit by opponent. Knowing that you could have one block it is going to attack you for two. Now you will have three reserve points and in most cases you can one shot first dinosaur wich means if you reserve two you are going to have five. And battle goes on. And if your main creture has low health and your enemy have huge attack incoming you can switch to fodder one and give you some extra reserves and force enemy to waste most or even all of his moves. Thats how it works for me mostly.
In tournament or event battle like this because you’ll always start first :point_down:(one exepcion is event “test your strengh”)

In pvp battles like this because you never know if you are going to begin and if not your first weak creature are going to die straight away :point_down:

3 Likes

i call this battle technique gaming beaver technique in tournaments because i found this technique in gaming beaver channel

1 Like

In pvp it always works tremendously , as your opponents are based on the ferocity of the creatures you bring to battle. You have 1 strong creature sandwitched between 2 ultra weak creatures (e.g. lv1 common , lv14 common).
The point of this is to use the weak creatures as a fodder or easy target for the AI and reserve points and use them with the strong one. In pvp opponent usually have 2/3 strong dinos but they’re mostly weaker than your strong one. So it’s easy to defeat them once you’ve some spare points.
In tournaments though the opponents are mostly league based( unless you take too weka creatures) . So taking any creature and pairing with two commons ain’t going to work. You need about vip lv30 minimum to make it work in dominator and top predator (top 15-20).
People use various methods here is what cogcan coskun recommended. Parasaurolophus Gen 2- 30/8/2021- 6/9/2021 - #26 by Cagkan_Coskun
So the weak ones are to be sacrificed in an opportune moment to gain reserves for 1 strong creature. You can even use 2 main with 1 fodder like i do in dominator league in tournaments cause my dinos ain’t strong enough for dominator f-m-f . You can even use mediocre creatures to help you reserve better by being able to survive 1 hit ( doesn’t always work in pvp and mostly doesn’t work in tournaments ) and reserve better.

3 Likes

Thank you for the referrence @Stapesh90, but using lvl 30 VIPs and their counterparts reduce your trophy amount even if they make it easier to win. So I generally use main creatures with overall 3k health and 1k attack in most of the cases, which helps me earning 40 all. By the time I try to use my strongests, then my trophy counts start to reduce slightly to 39 for my top creatures which have 3.5k health and 1.1k attack as an example.

Sure it is all up to you, but I basically try to reduce the time I waste on a tourney to minimal. Also try to enjoy my time while doing it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That was purely an observation , I do not have lv30 vips to comment more on that. I’ll use this suggestion when i make a ferocity jump.
Like i mentioned i use fodder main main cause of obvious weaker creatures. I tend to stick with combinations giving me 37/38 trophies. Sometimes the game brings Insane matchup even with teams that gives 39.

1 Like

I think you all have seen my roster
Can i do it?
Also with what dinos can i do?

We don’t have yours memorized, so you’ll have to post pics each time you need help/advice about your roster.

1 Like

Here you go!

2 Likes

Also i have diplosuchus lv 6 and tapejalosaurus at level 20 recently added

For dominator and higher ranks up in predator, no. Even middle range for predator can give you some tough time. Lower predator and hunter should be ok with your toppests. :v:t2:

1 Like

Some time ago I shared this post. Maybe it helps to give you an idea of ​​alignments. I can anticipate that I have won several battles in Dominator with only 2 Legendary Lv 40 (T rex and Ichyostega) along with a Lv 1 alanqa or similar.

Likewise, I share with you some battles in the Hunter and Predator league, easy confrontations and with 40 Trophies, without very strong creatures.

Hunter

Predator

This worked for me 12 hours ago, probably right now I will find very different matches, I have noticed that they vary depending on the time I play. I don’t know if it’s just my imagination or if it’s something real.

Dom

2 Likes

Most of my tournament run videos over the last year and half use the fodder main fodder set up that would give you an idea of what level of creature you would need at various leagues and ranks…

The last couple don’t but the previous ones do.

5 Likes

what is fodder i dont understand it. I only know poke fodder

Fodder is kind of like a waste Dino. It is a low ferocity Dino you place first and last (if you do FMF). The dinos I usually put are like triceratops level 1. The point is to put your main Dino in the center so you can get 40 trophies.

1 Like

The lower the fodder the better matchup you get in theory. Based on what we believe the PvP mechanics of the game to be, where it tries to give you roughly an equivalent, or at least in a range, to play against. The fodder creatures drive down the average ferocity of your team as a whole so the lower you have as fodders the more your main creature sits in a position of power.

2 Likes

the fodder technique is the best technique for tournaments

1 Like

Fodder means basically a sacrificial bait dino. It’s used to make your opponent use many action points while reserving yours to have more action points with your strong creatures. So they’re just bait for the AI to bite on.

1 Like