Ludia Forums

What is your highscore for collecting DNA in one drone flight?

Player Level 20, VIP

For a long time my highest was 420, which I could get on 5 different creatures in the game. Within the last few weeks I FINALLY got a perfect score of 450 twice now on Velociraptor. I’m still working on other creatures! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s awesome! I’m horrible at collecting DNA…anything over 200 is a rarity on my drone. :persevere:

I’m assuming you are not level 20 like I am though, so that is probably really good for your level!

1 Like

Well…this makes it more embarrassing, I am level 20 :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

There’s no shame in that everyone is different! Here are some tips that I use to get higher scores. It’s only commons that I get between 350-450. Rares I get between 170-350. Epics I get between 110-250. Sometime a dinosaur is just more wily then others of even his same type too! Faster, turning more, target going head to tail the whole time. All of that matters.

Tips:
-Keep your eyes and your focus on the dot of the target on the creature. Just like in baseball you are taught to keep your eye on the ball. This is because your unconscious brain knows how to move your finger better than your conscious mind knows, so let your brain to its job automatically instead of moving it with your conscious mind. If you keep your eye and focus on the dot then you will get a lot more direct hits and close direct hits.
-You only get maximum darting time if you start within range of your target, so I always wait until I’m in range. For VIP players, that is 50 meters (164 ft?), for non-VIP it’s 25 meters (82 ft?).
-I make sure I wash my hands and my phone’s screen before I go hunting so that my finger glides easily on the screen. I wipe the screen down from time to time while I’m out as well.
-I stabilize the phone against my chest before I start darting.
-I find shade and make sure I’m comfortable before I start darting, especially if it’s important (like T-Rex).
-I’ve played since the beginning of the game so experience helps a lot since I know how the creatures move and I have developed the ability to predict the way they walk, turn, and where the targets are commonly located.
-Don’t hunt when you’re battery is low, it makes the game lag considerably.
-Some creatures like Velociraptor or Stegosaurus, you barely have to move the target, slow and steady is the way.
-Other creatures like Allosaurus, Spinosaurus or T-Rex you have to move the the reticle a lot faster to get to the targets AND they waddle swaying side to side which makes them much harder to collect DNA from. Over time you can develop patterns that help on the less wily ones though!

Even at player level 20, I still only get between 110-210 on a T-Rex depending on how wily it is. On most Allosaurus I get between 250-320. The creatures where you move the reticle slowly and tiny increments are the easiest to get high scores from. Velociraptor, Euplocephalis, Deinocherius, Apatosaurus, Nundasuchus, Scolosaurus, etc.

4 Likes

Thank you for the tips! I’ll be sure to try them.

My accuracy is just terrible in general, and the added pressure of the timer ticking down makes it worst. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Non-VIP, level 20, darted yesterday.

3 Likes

Same as the post above: 330, level 20, non VIP. Done it once on an Apatosaurus and once on an Irritator gen 2.

1 Like

For best results, be on a bus or something and not really paying attention. If you know you’re on a streak you’ll mess up. Just space out and dart absentmindedly.

1 Like

mine is same, but unfortunately no screenshot. :confused:

i thought my best would be stego or ankylo2, but velociraptor has so predictable and smooth moves, and spawns every day, that we can get best results hehe.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

450 easy to hit of most common with VIP and on top of dino . Highest for TREX was 268 .

Great to see such an old thread I commented on last September at level 16 :metal:

DinoLord

Remember when we had to buy batteries LOL :joy:

I can hit 320 on various commons but I can’t shoot any higher. I don’t understand how you all get such high scores.

1 Like

I added one more tip at the top of my list that I forgot the first time that is probably the most important besides making sure you are in range and your finger can glide easily.

Added Tip:

-Keep your eyes and your focus on the dot of the target on the creature. Just like in baseball you are taught to keep your eye on the ball. This is because your unconscious brain knows how to move your finger better than your conscious mind knows, so let your brain to its job automatically of moving your finger instead of moving it with your conscious mind. If you keep your eye and focus on the dot then you will get a lot more direct hits and close direct hits.

1 Like

I’ve never seen the bonus coin thing

VIPs have the chance on 3 darts more (more darting time). So, that would be 410 for you @lvl20.

Perfect scores are
NonVip 12x30: 360
Vip 15x30: 450

There are people who claim a 390 as nonvip, but I doubt it. I just can’t see that 13th dart within time.

2 Likes

1 Like

Oh ok thanks for the info. I thought they got more dna per dart but it’s more darts fired.

I have hit both the level 20 VIP Common and Rare darting caps.

Countless 450 on Raptor, Mono Gen2 and Stego and 390 on Rare Nodosaur!
Thats 15 perfect shots in a row :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve always wondered what the rare VIP cap is, thank you for that! Do you know what the epic VIP cap is?