Ludia Forums

What needs to be changed so sanctuaries are more manageable?

I’ve been working with two other alliances and for some reason participation isn’t what I expected. I believe we have a good plan in place, but getting volunteers to add and maintain their dinos has been challenging. I know some co-ops are working out great and could use a few tips. Thanks ahead of time!

3 Likes

I would say have a select few ppl that you can depend on to place at a certain times to keep others from misplacing.
It’s usually best to spread out the placing so you don’t get times where you lose sharing. Also have polls set for most needed dna. Ones that have constant spots and ones that can be part of a rotation. The more that you meet the alliance needs. The faster your sanctuary will reach max.
When starting out. It’s usually best to focus on higher sanc point creatures and ones that are in higher demand. Some players may need to sacrifice their needs at first to help it grow faster.
It’s important that everyone knows or is aware of your goals from the start

5 Likes

We’ve done a lot of what you mentioned and maybe being international is making it more challenging? The sharing is going really well and they seem to be getting interacted with well. Timing the replacements going in is our struggle. It seems about the time everything is set then it’s time to start all over replacing them. There has to be a way to make it less of a constant battle. If the dinos stayed in longer and/or were still available for use in tourneys might help. Not sure, just getting a little frustrated.

We have a whole discord server just for our shared sanc where the “sanc organizors” can communicate and plan. Like IDGT said, having a select few actually place really helps. And having set rules before hand. All 4 of our Alliances know the top shared sanc is off limits for placing. We also stagger our placements of we can and the person that originally places continues to place for the life of the sanc. Having a 3 day share time has helped immensely.

2 Likes

We are still “training” and I expect a few misplaced dinos although it really makes things more challenging. Getting a select group isn’t going well even after offering cookies. I was thinking how nice it would be if a dino placed doesn’t go home until the sanctuary expires unless the owner of the dino decides to remove it. The longer it is left in could increase the amount of dna when it is returned.

4 Likes

I agree. And I think this would solve a lot of issues with ppl misplacing and hard earned sanctuaries from being overtaken by outsiders. It really would make things much easier

4 Likes

Something to be added to our wish list :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This would be ideal, only if the sanctuary can be CONTROLLED by the ALLIANCE or the OWNER/LEADER…otherwise invaders will be there not wanting to leave.

3 Likes

I was just thinking the same, perhaps the owner of the dino or the alliance leader could have the ability.

2 Likes

Yes Ludia should do this, as they said they encourage sanctuary to be SHARED…not to be ROBBED… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I believe the devs adding the option to name the sanctuaries, as well as add a description box on it will help organize sanctuaries a whole lot more.
One can only hope.

I hope if we ever get the option to remove dinos it says “kick” instead of remove. It would just be more satisfying that way.

2 Likes

Make chat more manageable, with useful features. Separate out the requests from chat. Make a few channels in chat for missions, sanctuaries, general chat, and DNA requests…or allow chat channels to be named by the leader, along with adding other tools like the ability to see when someone last logged in at the very least.

Sorry to bump this, but needed to add that a level 16 player was unable to place a level 16 Pachy. These restrictions need to be modified as it is too hard already finding a reliable group to add and replace as needed.