Ludia Forums

What’s better tryko or Thor

What do you guys think is better I think Thor. State your opinions below. Like my comment if you think Thor is better. I think it is

1 Like

I mean I’m not saying tryko is bad I mean it’s amazing but I think Thor is better

2 Likes

Tenontorex.

8 Likes

Tryko all day every day.
It can stall, it can smash, and it has armor.

4 Likes

It depends on how you look at it. They both have situational advantages. Although Thor Beats Tryko one to one Tryko has a lot more favorable matchups.

5 Likes

Tryko simply has more chance to dish out dmg, can serve as a stronghold. Thor on the other hand is more focused on one turn dmg, best used to set up for your revenge killer.

1 Like

Why not run both?

2 Likes

Both are astoundingly good. However, like most people did say, unless tryko has it’s rampage ready by the time thor comes out and doesnt die to an impact, tryko is able to handle thor. Thats really the only way tryko beats it, and in nearly every other scenario, thor crushes tryko with ease

4 Likes

Giving the nod to Thor. Faster and has a priority move that does damage. And can kill a rat on turn 1. Tryko is the king of mind games though.

4 Likes

No what do you like better Thor or tryko

1 Like

Nah man thor is da bomb

1 Like

Thor would beat one it just depends on who is the faster clicker or who is more of a noob and boosted it more

1 Like

Taking boosts out of the picture, Thor is faster by 1 point. Using equal levels fighting one on one, Thor has the advantage. With the exception of Thor’s instant stun attack, all Thor’s attacks ignore Tryko’s armor. Since Thor has a 100% chance to kill Tryko on a DSI followed by a DSR, Tryko has no choice but to use the Instant Distraction either on their first or second move to prevent an unmitigated DSI->DSR combo. Thor will always lead with Defense Shattering Impact. If Tryko used ID on its first move, then Thor has a 40% chance to kill it on its second move if it uses DSR. If Thor uses Instant Charge on the second attack instead, Tryko will survive but with a 75% chance to be stunned. You need to limit the number of times you get hit with Tryko’s Counter Attack since after a Defense Shattering Strike you’ll be dead after 3 CA (less if Tryko is hitting with crits). Personally I would ignore the IC and hit Tryko with the DSR and leave it with less than 100 health if the crit did not hit. Even Tryko’s ID can’t reduce the damage enough on the next hit for Tryko to survive.

If Tryko attacks on the first hit he’ll survive Thor’s first hit and in most cases Tryko using an Instant Distraction second she will survive the second hit. With a lot of luck you might take Thor down with the first attack and the counter attacks but it’s going to take them critting.

You might be able to predict when Thor is going to IC and use Instant Invicibilty. You wouldn’t take any damage but you could still be stunned and would lose the counter attack. But that’s a guessing game gamble that if you are wrong will cost you.

Tryko can beat Thor with some luck but as long as Thor sticks to its Defense Shattering attack’s it will win one-on-one against an equally leveled Tryko most of the time.

That’s not saying Tryko is bad because there are definitely situations in many battles where Tryko is superior to Thor.

1 Like