Ludia Forums

What the attack "refresh" that tryostronix will have?

Hiho all. I was wondering what is the “refresh” attack that will gain tryostronix with the update, I see no where a description about it. Thank’s.

2 Likes

The notes are incomplete. There might even be a creature or two hidden from us. Just gotta wait and watch.

2 Likes

Also no word on Lesser/Greater Thagomizer.

2 Likes

Also nothing about the group heals or emergency heals

or “Tip the Scales”

2 Likes

Or ‘Jack of All Trades’ for Magnapyritor

2 Likes

Jack of all trades isn’t an ability lol

I found this on the group/emergency heal in the patch notes:

2 Likes

Wait, really, they’re still not done yet?

Refresh sounds more like a kind of cleanse than an attack.

2 Likes

There’s stuff missing. A couple of moves, and one hybrid.

2 Likes

…There’s a whole hybrid missing?

It was in the trailer. It’s probably a hybrid of Haast’s Eagle and Deinonychus.

2 Likes

Perhaps in 2.1? I wouldn’t be surprised if they’d let something slip like that in the past at some point, too…

What about Scutosaurus hybrid

So, to update. Refresh is stupid strong on Tryo. It:

• Does NOT have Priority
  • Cleanses distraction/critical chance decrease,
  • Heals 1x atk
  • Gives a 10% speed boost for 2 turns
  • 2 turn cooldown.

So Tryo has a speed boost and healing in exchange of losing turn 1 ferocious damage. Also note if you used RtC and have the buff, you’r heal equals your boosted attack stat instead (1.5x heal). Since it doesn’t have Priority; if you use it turn 1 you’ll shrug off some damage you took and likely get the speed advantage next turn for Fierce Rampage.

Idk if it’s an improvement or not. Tryo is not a revenge killer anymore and he loses 1.5x from his damage output
On the other hand, refresh allows him to take speed advantage and heal, especially when buffed by RTC.

I must battle with my Tryo more to see which version is better

1 Like

I use tryostronix i never use that move but good for sometime because if you use RTC it will give more hp

1 Like

I’d say it got worse. It’s probably good in raids, but other than that, it’s got an attack nerf, RtC doesn’t last as long, and you can’t use Refresh to sweep because RtC wears off after the first attack after using Refresh.

Refresh is only really useful if you have a faster opponent that’s within range of an unboosted DSR, but then Tryo will go down right after that, doing barely any damage.

2 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately you may be right. I’ll still try to keep him on my team, I love that beast. He’s my oldest battler, I use him since Feb, '19

1 Like