Ludia Forums

What were your rookie mistakes when first starting out?

For me (back in May when it was launched globally), it was:

1. levelling every Dino I could find. Didn’t see why I needed so many coins (hur hur).
  2. Using ingame cash to buy darts. Yes, I actually used about 400 cash to buy DARTS. Sure wish I could get that 400 back now. Though I suppose there weren’t as many supply drops compared to now. Still though…

So, what did you do early on that in retrospect make you go “wth was I thinking then?”?

1 Like

Not darting kentro’s.

Ignored some Dilopho & Dimetro, just because they were very common at that time.:disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Speeding up incubators even though they are just arena 1 and 2

1 Like

not darting all the raptors i saw. so many i couldnt be bothered darting. they were everywhere lol

4 Likes

Been waiting for a thread like this. Picture is worth a thousand words:

2 Likes

Raptors hands down. Being too tired to dart that pack of Raptors down the street because it was too far and it would be too much work. Now I dart them like they were uniques spawning in the wild.

5 Likes

The dozens of Ourano and Erlik I passed up on in my first month, simply because I didn’t feel like deviating from my path.
Most of the Epic incubators I used in-game Cash on.
Leveling Ourano to 16 and Dilorano to 21.
Started on May 30, very glad I don’t remember most of my early-game blunders.

1. Wasting coins levelling crappy dinosaurs simply because I could!
  2. Not capping my coins each day!
  3. Bringing out my lower level raptor against a higher level one expecting to get a hit off, then proceeding to get one shotted by pounce!
  4. Not collecting raptors or Tany’s because they were “Commons”.
  5. Launching my drone to dart Trex’s and other epics from 200m when I could have easily walked closer and gotten 2-3 times the DNA I ended up with!
4 Likes

“6 chances for Trex?.. coool !!.. let me collect these 5 other epics in the meantime”

4 Likes

That’s not the worst.

I raised both Ourano & Dilopho pre ver.1.3, because we didn’t know Dilorano will be released.

And I evolved Dilorano until lv22, then they nerfed it, roll out Dilorache

1 Like

Well, dilouranosaurus did get you in good battles. “The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted”

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Not catching einiosauras enough, they were everywhere but I just didn’t dart them, also not just when I started out because I carried on doing it, what I mean here is having a level 19 stiggy gen 2, level 19 irritator gen 2 :joy:

Not darting dinos because I was stingy with my ammo :sob:

1 Like

Just…why??? Lol. At least the ones @Tarbosaurus leveled could in somehow/way/shape/form be considered useful at some point :stuck_out_tongue:

Propably dino she found most. Not everyone find epics and rares all the time :man_shrugging:

1 Like

In all fairness I used it up until Sorna marshes and I had levelled it high early so it used to wipe out full teams in the lower arenas!

1 Like

Passing supply points cause my darts were Full and felt bad “collecting” darts that didnt add up to what i had…didnt think coins would be so necessary

2 Likes

I’ve posted this pic before and I don’t actually recall how I got it. Must have been my first day playing?

6 DNA how the heck do you only get 6 :man_facepalming:
I also leveled Dino’s I shouldn’t have wasting precious coins.

2 Likes