So, I just saw the new “battles are about to get a whole more savage” post:
And I’d just like to say something.
I hope, before implementing this feature, regardless of whether it’s a cosmetic tweak or a more fundamental mechanic change in battle, the devs have:
- Fixed, or at least significantly improved the connectivity issues
- Found a better way to handle app pauses (i.e. what happens when the app is put in the background temporarily, or when something pops up in front of the app, or even when the device is brought from one network to another), the fact that the “Reconnect” button often takes longer than just restarting the app and quite often leads to a false “No Internet” screen is ridiculous
- Added at least ONE extra Strike Team for Tournaments
- Finished the necessary animations for pterosaurs to be added into Sanctuaries (or, heck, at this point I’m considering settling for a text based command prompt)
- Added extra Alliance Tools for Leaders, including but not limited to a subordinate leader position (Elder, Co-leader, whatever you want to call it) and something that can allow Leaders to have a rough idea of how active and contributive members are
- Fixed the Friendly Challenge Match Timed Out issue
- Adjust the “Waiting for Opponent” timer to be shorter to reduce frustration with match timeouts
- Fixed or at the very least, investigated an array of bugs and glitches within the game (e.g. Pterovexus’ broken Distracting Impact animation)
- Performed a reevaluation of every single creature and attribute in preparation for Stat Boosts 2.0, recognising that some creatures will probably get a significant power boost thanks to the fact that they can sacrifice one stat (e.g. Dioraja and Speed, Geminititan/Ardentismaxima and Speed [and maybe even not boost much into Health], Dracocera and Speed [probably Health to some extent too], Rending-focused creatures and their Damage) to significantly improve their other stat(s), whereas creatures who will need to boost multiple stats (e.g. Tuora) will probably suffer from not being able to minmax in the same way. Also would have to take into account the fact that a lot of passive abilities such as Swap in Rampage and the various Counter Attacks would probably have increased utility in an arena where those creatures could sacrifice their Speed in exchange for extra Damage and Health. Not all of these changes would necessarily be bad, but it’s definitely something that should be planned for and rebalanced for.
- Added a way to turn this blood effect off (maybe have it off by default on Google Play and Facebook accounts beneath a certain age) so the game doesn’t get its rating bumped to 15+ Extreme Violence (or whatever the appropriate category is)
Yeah, I know it’s a lot to wish for. But hey, if they have the time and manpower to add a totally new feature (cosmetic or otherwise), they should have all this stuff worked out already! Right?