What's JWA Game Engine?

Unity? Any other?
:thinking:

The game engine is this, and this is what the game does with the players

giphy

7 Likes

I was trying to find a suitable gif - you beat me to it :rofl:

3 Likes

I once found an article that said they switched to Unity 6 months before launch. It also stated that unity was sending reps every few weeks to teach the devs how to use it…

1 Like

And this Is Support engine

ezgif-1-8e1cfdf0ebf7

4 Likes

The switch to Unity allowed their team to focus more on content than programming. With their proprietary engine, their content creators had to work much closer with the programmers to make sure the program and content worked together so their content creators were spending much less time creating content. Their proprietary engine also took much longer to compile than Unity and Unity was already set up to work across multiple platforms. They also weren’t sure their own engine would be ready in time. Supposedly Unity was much more stable and less prone to crash (although that is questionable). It was an interesting article.

It also seems though that using the Unity engine has made it more difficult for their in house team to squash bugs and communication between the players devices and the servers is overly touchy.

3 Likes

and these can help explain why we see easier content than bug fixes, each version.

:thinking:

1 Like

6 Likes

Found it again -

3 Likes

"And that’s why we stayed on Enterprise Support even after the first year ended.”

mmmm, this support must have ended already.
:laughing:

It’s the little engine that can’t :skull_and_crossbones: