What's wrong with the stun mechanic?

So, this whole stun mechanic is getting quite frustrating. When you get an effective stun on a dino that is faster than yours, the faster dino should technically lose it’s next turn, allowing you to get a ‘free’ shot at it on it’s next turn…as the whole point of the stun. However, it does not always work that way for me. In fact, it rarely works that way. They are able to recover immediately which makes my move a waste because they get to strike me again on the next turn…the one that they were supposed to miss.

If your slower dino is stunned by a faster dino, then they should miss that turn, and that turn only. Instead, 7 times out of 10, my slower stunned dino also loses the next turn. This seems excessive to me because my slower dino actually loses two turns.

So… To me it seems like the effects are in reverse. Correct me if I’m wedding please as i am finding these results quite frustrating

Is anyone else suffering from this? Does anyone else share these same thoughts?

They did lose a turn, when you stunned them they didnt hit you back, and since they were faster they get to go next.

1 Like

If you’re faster:

Turn 1: You strike and stun
Turn 1: They’re stunned
Turn 2: You strike
Turn 2: They strike

If they’re faster:

Turn 1: They strike
Turn 2: They’re stunned
Turn 2: You strike

It works as intended, and no matter what you get to hit two times in a row. If you have a dino with slowing and stunning moves, you can even hit three times in a row:

Turn 1: They strike
Turn 2: They’re stunned
Turn 2: You strike and slow
Turn 3: You strike
Turn 3: They strike

Providing an exact scenario of your experience of stunning faster dinos will help us point out the issue. Usually topics like this is due to not fully understanding the mechanic behind it.

The only other variation to this that I can see (and could be the reason for confusion) is if your slower creature uses an Instant Charge move. The other creature missed their turn due to the stun, but went first next turn, thereby looking like it didn’t miss a turn to the less observant :).

Edit: Actually, this might be the scenario that Stiffeno is describing…

Exactly, and this is normally 99% of the confusion over stun attacks because people don’t pay attention to the fact that used a priority move against a faster dino.