Ludia Forums

What's your motivation?

Because I’m trying to rekindle my own.
Backstory:

Long time player (also had a dedicated Instagram and Facebook page such was my love for this game!!) but stopped a while back - I was maxed out at Level 75 so no point in doing missions as the XP was wasted. I didn’t care for the then recently added Raptor training, I still don’t, but my old phone couldn’t keep up with the game so it forced me to stop!

I’m now back on the game but sadly there’s still a level 75 cap, really surprised at that, so I still don’t bother with the missions.

Coins and food are still easy, DNA and bucks are still hard to come by so it seems it’s still a grind to save up DNA to create hybrids, try and win tournaments.

I get trading, I get the lottery-type thing which i like, recently got my first Cenozoic era so it’s now juggling 3 different types (dino, ceno, water) with regards to DNA and evolving. Still no clue about SDNA but I also no longer have enough top level dinosaurs to win the daily packs in one go, hence the grind.

Is that accurate? What makes you keep coming back for more?

well, i just play bc i don’t want to think all the time in my pathetic life hahaha

1 Like

I like the challenge of figuring out the game and “finishing” it. I know there is no end point to the game but there are stages and accomplishments that can be gathered and completed.

For instance here are the last creatures for me to unlock:

Now the first two I don’t think are offered to be unlocked and will probably never be offered, but the rest I am hoping I will get a chance at some point to do so.

Then there is the leveling of the creatures. Eventually I want to get a level 40 of each creature, I am a long way off of this for the Tournament hybrids based on what these higher creatures seem to do to your PVE match ups, but eventually I will get them there.

I have completed all of the missions, expanded the park to max capacity, and optimized my layout of all of my spaces. I am hoping they raise the level cap at some point in the future and/or add more missions, but not holding my breath for this.

The game gives me enjoyment so I continue, when it stops being enjoyable that’s when I will stop or take a break like you have done.

6 Likes

I just like dinosaurs.

I like dinosaurs, so I like collecting as many as I can. I also enjoy seeing them evolve and the new skin tones and such.

The combat arena is pretty fun, so I enjoy playing that.

I used to enjoy doing the PvE missions and such, but then the dreaded impossible-to-beat PvE opponents started.

Long & short, I guess I enjoy building a zoo. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m a mix of @Sionsith and @HanSoloWannaBe

I am a huge JP/JW fan, always have been, and I enjoy the dinos, as well as this being probably thee most advanced JW game out there. There was a PC game released about a year ago, but that game is too linear. With this game you can move at your own pace.

For the most part the battles relax me, or at the very least, replace coffee in the morning, because that’s when I do the grinding.

However my goal is to collect every dino, maybe not take them to level 40, but so far I have only a few tourney dinos to collect. The tournament hybrids and indoraptor I’ll never own, since the late/end game is absolutely horrendous, but I like my paddock of dinos, I really enjoy the Ostaposaurus, and despite it being a mobile game, it gives me a reason to try at life each and every day.

3 Likes

That’s why it is so sad that one has to put a large amount of dinos in the repository, 33 on my side at the moment. From time to time I enjoy just taking a look at the dinos which Ludia designed really great. Because of that I absolutely don’t understand why they do not adjust the game so that one can watch and use ALL dinos, which means I demand the opportunity to put them all in the park.
A lot of them is locked away and out of sight. Or does anyone switch dinos from the repository to the park and back on a regular basis, just to take a look at them?

1 Like

Just wanted to thank you all for your thoughts on this.
I’m back to playing this game every day again, and am slowly changing my park layout to maximise coin collection.
My Cenozoic collection has expanded rapidly and all my rares and super rates are maxed out. Weirdly whenever I use coins to buy a Cenozoic it’s the same one every time. I thought it would rotate or be random.
I also managed to win a Woolly Mammoth which I was really chuffed about. That was a loooooong tournament!

6 Likes

Fairly excited I have gone from 8 left to unlock down to three, compared to my post up above:

@Krayzee glad you are back enjoying the game.

2 Likes

I still have 4 to unlock. I’m waiting for month to unlock another of these guys although I owe two of them via cards and market trades.

1 Like

I’m also a mix of @Sionsith and @HanSoloWannaBe… Comes down to loving dinosaurs / prehistoric creatures and wanting to max everything out in this game.

I’ve been playing since this game came out and I have level 40s of almost every creature. Since I play daily I’ve got everything unlocked except the newest of creatures.

Here are only creatures that I still don’t have at Level 40:

1. Indoraptor: Currently at level 31 (final evolution). I don’t actually plan on making this creature a level 40 due to balancing purposes.

2. Mammotherium: Currently at level 20 w/6x to go to be eligible for a level 40. I put this one on the back burner because of balancing purposes. This creature is already the most powerful Snow creature at level 20.

3. Spinotasuchus: Not unlocked (990 SDNA to go)

4. Panochthus: Not unlocked (this newish snow creature hasn’t had an unlock event yet)

4 Likes

How did you manage to keep your PvE balanced?
Like you I had 40 lvl versions of nearly every creature in this game, for dinos everyone except Indoraptor who was level 30 and a Yudon with lvl 10. But by doing so PvE became unplayable for me.
For a while a used the exit battle cheat although it was very unsatisfying for me, but as it was removed I had to make a decision. Either forget PvE or sell my highest dinos. In the end I sold everything above my lvl 40 Indominus Rex and after that PvE was again in balance.
Now I am wondering what the purpose of this high end dinos is because I don’t think that I will ever be able to evolve them again to their highest level without losing PvE balance again.

1 Like

@Tommi: “How did you manage to keep your PvE balanced?”

Simple answer: I don’t.

I win most of the events by virtue of just playing better than I used to, stacking up reserve points and waiting for the NPC’s burn through theirs with unnecessary defense points and/or non fatal attacks. Also I don’t even participate in every event either - I pick and choose which events I want to enter based upon the rewards and balance that against my creatures that I may want to potentially buy back from their dwell time to win some more events. I still win most of the events during the week this way, including the VIP events… But I let at least 2-4 or so go right on by every week.

But long story short, there really is no good answer to your question. I hate letting events go by that I should be able to win and it ticks me off that we get punished for having the highest level creatures in the game.

4 Likes

“it ticks me off that we get punished for having the highest level creatures in the game”

I couldn’t agree more.

4 Likes

Would there be a way to be able to finish every event if you had multiple level 40s of the top creatures? For example having multiple level 40 Yudons and Pachygalosauruses. I wouldn’t know because I’m progressing very slowly and maxing the weaker creatures first, and then working my way up.

I’ve been keeping up with this thread and its been very interesting to a novice player like myself. Seems like the “best” thing to do would be to get a line-up capable of finishing solid mid table dominator for a tournament dino unlocks but no higher. In theory that will provide good depth but still allow for full participation in all the daily events and hopefully keep the cool downs reasonable. If that means no super hybrids or level 40 legendary hybrids so be it. Does that sound about right?

4 Likes

Take a look here:
https://forum.ludia.com/t/the-exit-battle-cheat/82854/82

Here you can find my setup before I sold my strongest dinos. With my old setup I was not able to succeed in most of the PvE events, only those on weekends were manageable.

After selling off my dinos, you can find what I did in this post to, I did not lose a single event.

My opinion now is that you need at least 15, better more, of those high end dinos of different classes to succeed in all events. If you in addition consider that these high end dinos have an incredible long cooldown time you maybe need a lot more than 15 of them.
I am afraid that one life is too short for this.

Theoretically yes, @elliana however to think you’re going to be able to max out every creature in the game then go back and create additional max creatures at the top is probably not attainable for 95-99% of players IMO.

I’ve played every day since this game launched back in June 2015, I win most events, and I have a maxed out DNA factory but I STILL would have nowhere near enough resources to make something like that happen, mainly because new creatures are being pumped out too quickly than to keep up with something like that…

It’s probably more feasible to just work towards storing up Dino bucks to buy back your top level creatures from their dwell time to fight them multiple times. Also other users here like @Sionsith have created ferocity meters to stack top level creatures against each other… Link: The De-Mystifying of Ferocity... Hopefully :)

Like @Tommi said, you really need a balance of about 15 creatures (of varying classes) at the top of your inventory to succeed in all the weekly events (clearly this won’t guarantee you victory in the tournaments, as those routinely have their own unique rules). Like Tommi said, you really want to cap yourself to about a Level 40 Indominus Rex to make things easier on yourself. The dwell times will be shorter, The VIPs are all about evenly balanced right there at Level 40, and you can still hatch any creature you want just cap yourself when they hit about the same ferocity as your Level 40 Indominus Rex. Of course it’s easy for me to say that, as a completionist I’m seeking about to max everything, regardless of Ludia’s satirical stance of punishing players like me.

This might be a bad example, but take a look at the creatures that Ludia slings my way… Now, obviously 3x Level 40 Indoraptors would slay that line up, but what about when they toss up 3x Amphibians at this level?? Yeah…

But as such I cannot recommend the creation of duplicate highest level creatures as a means to win events… Bear in mind that new creatures routinely come out and bump up the top of the ferocity meter; as a result all your battles are going to be stacked up against that new highest level creature each time that happens (once you create that newer highest level creature). You really need to enter battles with three separate classes, so even stockpiling 3, 6, or let’s say 9 Level 40 Indoraptors wouldn’t do anything to guarantee you victory in events. So then under that logic it’s definitely not advisable to create multiple max level creatures with the knowledge that more higher level creatures are probably on their way at some point in the future.

2 Likes

Absolutely, it is impressive that you come to this conclusion as a novice. It took me 2.5 years before I realised that I was on the wrong path.

1 Like

My biggest lesson was learned when I upgraded from a level 10 to level 20 on an indoraptor. The game became impossible for a while to win daily battles. I now still have one level 20, and 5 level 10s. The game is fine. Just don’t level up indoraptors (or similar very powerful, highest-end dinos) and you will be fine in the long run… at least until you get further along in the game.

As @DantheMan said, yes, in theory. But in practice, getting that many level 40s would require so much time, so many resources, or so much real-world money that would it would be impossible.

So, theoretically, yes, but we’ve never done it before, and you can get someone else to do it, because I won’t do it…

com-10947

3 Likes