Ludia Forums

What's your opinion on top 5 dinos at each rarity in 1.6?

For me it’s (order doesn’t matter):

Uniques:

• Trykosaurus
  • Erlidominus
  • Magnapyritor
  • Dilorachierus
  • Indoraptor

Legendary:

• Monostegotops
  • Dracoceratops
  • Spinotasuchus
  • Utasinoraptor
  • Tragodistis

Epic:

• Procerathomimus
  • Stegoceratops
  • Brachiosaurus
  • Edmontoguanadon
  • Oranosaurus

Rare:

• Suchotator
  • Einiasuchus
  • Delta
  • Ornithomimus
  • Postosuchus

Common:

• Dracorex gen2
  • Euoplocephalus
  • Miragaia
  • Allosaurus
  • Tarbosaurus
2 Likes

Almost the same as mine, i would only change ourano with the new maiasaura.

1 Like

Personally I feel Gorgosuchus and Blue are better epics than Edmontoguanodon and Ouranosaurus, but that is just personal preference.

Also, for commons, I prefer Suchomimus and Stegosaurus over Euplocephalus and Allosaurus.

Uniques I pretty much agree with. The top 3 (Diloracheirus, Trykosaurus and Erlidominus) are not a question, they are all way too OP.

I personally prefer I-Rex over Tragodistis.

2 Likes

I agree with the Uniques and legendary’s . I even removed toaramoloch witch i could level up to 22 out of my team. And put back utahsinoraptor on my team . He does the Same (slow and rampage or stun) and doest iT harder and better! I Think tuoromoloch is useless now because of utahsinoraptor . How do you Guy’s Think about that??

1 Like

I think sculacooler or what’s it called will be found to be one of the best legendaries swapin nullify will be gold in the meta

1 Like

I have no uniques yet so I can’t speak for those or some of the new dinos I haven’t made yet, but otherwise here’s my thoughts:

Legendary
Monostegotops
Dracoceratops
Tragodistis
Spinotahsuchus
Tryostronyx

Epic
Procerathomimus
Gorgosuchus
Edmontoguanadon
Postimetrodon
Stegoceratops

Rare
Suchotator
Ankylocodon
Ornithomimus
Postosuchus
Einiasuchus

Common
Miragaia
Tanycolagreus
Allosaurus
Euoplocephalus
Stegosaurus

I do think Skoolasaurus will be a top legendary once it starts getting made and tried out, and Maiasaura has lots of potential has a great epic.

1 Like

Edmonto its pretty good for an epic, but gorgosuchus is way better than ourano, he shouldve been there.
Maiasaura is very good too, but has no way to deal with shields and armor, so idk.
Always hated the movie raptors, i feel like they are not needed and not “special” enough, so i never really used blue, but i guess that she’s decent even though raptors are trash atm.

1 Like

For me (in order):

Unique:
Trykosaurus
Diloracheirus
Erlidominus
Magnapyritor
Indoraptor

Legendary:
Dracoceratops
Monostegotops
Utasinoraptor
Indominus Rex
Spinotasuchus

Epic:
Procerathomimus
Stegoceratops
Edmontoguanodon
Brachiosaurus
Postimetrodon

Rare:
Suchotator
Einiasuchus
Postosuchus
Ornithomimus
Ankylocodon

Common:
Dracorex G2
Miragaia
Tanycolagreus
Deinocheirus
Euoplocephalus

2 Likes

In Aviary where Blue really shines imo, because of her 131 speed. She does incredibly well against Diloracheirus, Indoraptor and Utarinex.

Granted she may not take out certain dinos like Spinachsuchus on even levels, but she also doesn’t really have bad matchups either. She works fantastic as a cleanup because of 131 speed pounce, and can weaken or outright kill the next opponent.

Coming from personal experience on 4600ish trophies and running lvl 21 Blue.

2 Likes

Orano just got a huge damage buff, coupled with its high hp it will be a valuable dino, but for epics, there are a lot of choices now as a good dinosaur.

Yeah, I know. Ouranosaurus is a very good epic by all means, but I think Gorgosuchus and Blue are more valuable.

Mainly because Ouranosaurus has a debatably direct upgrade in the form of Diloracheirus, while Gorgosuchus and Blue are pretty much uncontested in their niche, as while Tryostronix is pretty similar to Gorgosuchus, they fundamentaly work different enough it is not much of a direct comparison.

Meanwhile Ouranosaurus is just tankier than Diloracheirus, while the latter has an extra Rampage and Distraction on top of what Ouranosaurus offers, as well as being unreasonably faster.

1 Like

I think Gorgosuchus will get a comback this meta.

Not going to really discuss your opinion of the top 5. I will discuss the Epic Procerathomimus.
In some ways he is a similar version to Monomimus a low hit point glass cannon that can cloak and nullify.
His health and damage and speed mirror Ornithomimus
His swap in nullification and immunity is a nice skill.
His skill set usage is cookie cutter.
First move is almost always going to be almost always Evasive stance. 3 cooldown {Cloaked}
The second move is going to be distracting rampage (it is x2 damage) 2 cool down {Cloaked}
The third move is going to by nullifying strike 1x damage {Cloaked}
He has now lost his cloak but the Evasive cool down is 3 so he can do nullifying strike or more likely
Instant distraction reducing the targets damage by 90%
Now you have a choice of either evasive stance or Distracting Rampage assuming he is still alive.
If lucky, this beast can counter the likes of Erlidomus and Indoraptor, just be careful with that swap in nullify ability. Chances are when you swap in, you are going to take a hit.

Now the leveling down side. This creature is an epic and will need lots of DNA to be competive later on, now although Ornithomimus is available in the wild, the other key ingredient is Proceratosaurus, who is an Arena specific creature.
Getting this creature to level 21 to 22 should be possible for a lot of veterans. After that, we have a slow leveling bird due to the lack of Proceratosaurus. To get him to level level 22 you will need about 15,000 DNA in both components. Cumulative for 23 would be 20,000, Cumulative for 24, would be 25,000. At that point you are going to hit a ceiling. Now if Proceratosaurus somehow escapes into the wild, like Irritator gen 2 did, you got yourself a high level Apex level creature. This is also similar to Magnapyritor with it’s dependence on Arena specific Irritator. Note: My calculations says you need about 76,000 Proceratosaurus to get this beast to 30. Magnapyritor would be only about 67,000 Irritator to 30.

One last thing. The fear of a hybrid being made from this epic is real, along with that horrible feeling you wasted DNA. The thing is, they painted themselves in a corner with this beast. That 131 speed is top notch. They would have to give something really special to the hybrid, to sacrifice lowering your speed, and I am not sure they will do it.

My opinions are almost the same. Let me list my top 5 in each category (in no particular order):

Unique

• Erlidominus
  • Diloracheirus
  • Magnapyritor
  • Indoraptor
  • Trykosaurus

Legendary

• Monostegotops
  • Dracoceratops
  • Utasinoraptor
  • Tragodistis
  • Spinotasuchus