When do you overkill?

This is another of those mind games. With swap in dioraja/rajaky/mega being relatively popular, when do you use a strong hit to last-hit your opponent vs your weak attack? What is your strategy when it comes to this?

2 Likes

In lower arenas I found most people never bother to swap so I always did low attack. As I hit upper arenas I always go big figuring if they switch I start with a big chunk of damage done

5 Likes

Agree with @Ctbrab! I don’t take chances, unless I have a very fast dino, in which case it will more than likelt get to hit the new entrant twice!

1 Like

You think would I keep that Dino. Like if they swap out a low speed chomper I’m always going to be surprised.

But it’s often not big hit but slow duff I want to catch a new Dino with.

1 Like

Against me just always use the weak attack :P.

But really it all depends. How fast is your current dino, what is the cooldown on its powerful attack,or if you have another powerful attack you can use next turn. For some reason most people I face don’t swap out until they are already 2 dinos down so its obvious.

1 Like

YOU are the reason i made this post my friend :stuck_out_tongue:

If my Indo is ready for evasive stance next turn, I usually go for dsr without further ado. And now I know I should be always ready to overkill when against you :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Haha shhhhhhh… pretend you never saw this :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Thought so. :stuck_out_tongue: Good games earlier. That damn green chicken is a great closer.

Haha thank you. You too!! Agreed - Id barely be t500 without it. Best crutch err, dino ever :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It just depends. I try to guess what s/he will do based on factors such as how many down, dino level, etc. But lately I have usually gone for a strong attack to do as much damage as possible to their swap in surprise! Saving a powerful move will do me no good if I never get to use it.

Here in upper Arena 8 the swap in rate seems to be ~ 50%.

2 Likes

my mentality is to protect my self so i will use a shield hit if i have one. i also would rather save my biggest hits for the next dino.

1 Like

If I have something with a slowing attack I use that, so if they swap out their new Dino will get slowed (if its faster) and ill get an extra shot at them to boot!

2 Likes

If I have a fast dino, I’ll never put in the big hits to finish the opponent’s dino unless it is late in the battle with myself 2-1 or 2-2 up as you know your opponent has to swap to stay in the battle. With a slower dino, it’ll depend on my remaining line up ie. are they fast enough to strike first should the existing dino dies.

1 Like

Always overkill cause big damage numbers rock primarily and also cause the hardest fight is coming from behind when people will switch to keep ahead on score.

1 Like