When mortem is going to be fixed ? In 2023?

The buffing after the attack is intended for arena purposes. It’s made to buff the team after morty activates it. If the buff was during the attack the hit would be too big a hit in the PVP arena. However - the issue with mortem isn’t so much that, the issue is it’s extremely difficult to raid with larger dinos now without the risk of ending rounds too early (especially if you have a high level or well-boosted long-neck you spent months working on only to not be able to use it with a mortem in raids anymore :frowning: ). Yes, there are ways around it, but mostly with long necks you rely on rng especially if you have rend activated as well. It would be nice if mortem had another small group move that could be used to prevent doing too much dmg that doesn’t have a cooldown or just a smaller move period other than the rend. I like the dmg boost move, but sometimes it’s just too much. Morty was never the best in the PVP arena so I’m not too upset about the way it is now - it’s actually about the same. I know it can’t cleanse, but that’s not really a big deal because if you open with roar, then use rampage after, your opponent is dead (unless it uses cunning strike and has a lot of hp). You do just as much if not more dmg than the cleanse ever did - it is so much even dodge and distract don’t stand a chance if mortem is dmg boosted.

I feel you in my case Mortem has become a last resort, never a middle fighter, even though its fully boosted… it becomes an easy victim to any cunning… I hate SCG3… it’s also always left to the end of the fight to knock any fierce you place… Mortem used to have an angle with its Cleansing move… hence why its called apex don’t you agree hehehe besides that raid was hard for me at the begging… one of the toughest bossed to take down… and now it even has a disadvantage against other fierce creatures… so sad about this outcome… it was a hard and long year to level it up to max… to be almost left out of every pvp scenario.

4 Likes

It’s crazy to me that they cannot even fix the animation. I mean, how difficult could that be?

3 Likes

Speaking as a former mobile game dev who had to assign a lot of animations at my job… not very.

(I used Unity, like they do.)

1 Like

Right? I am involved in programming, and this is a few hour fix that could be deployed in any patch. But, it’s not losing them money, so why bother?

3 Likes

Hours? Minutes you mean.

2 Likes

Probably because it also won’t make them sweet wumpa. Probably also the reason we never had a bug fixing update. Same for why Mortem is probably never gonna be tweaked to viability and they’re focusing on AlbertoS. $$$

2 Likes

I guess we will never know whether the supposed fix for Mortem was ever gonna work.

Two patches ago Ludia told us Mortem wasn’t performing as well as it should and gave it a roar that buffed the next two turns. Except it didn’t and still doesn’t. That’s the point here - it still doesn’t do as it should and not a word from Ludia.

We get told there will be no changes to dinos in the next update so that will be a third update with Mortem still not doing what it is supposed to do!

I don’t care about the animation, but to remove the cleansing impact and effectively remove its usefulness in raids too with roar needing a cool-down and the buff only lasting one move is simply catastrophic for Mortem. And we will never know if the new format was any good because Ludia said it would do one thing, and gave it something else.

If I went into a shop and they said something I purchased would do something and I found out the description was misleading as it didn’t do what it said it would do I would take it back for a refund or exchange. Sadly we can’t do that with Mortem, we have been and are still stuck with it not doing as it says it will - go figure?

8 Likes

They did it for Dilorach
Also Mortem is used alot more than dilorach aswell :joy:

we don’t lnow how it’s coded, maybe a combination of c# with c++ in the project, but i bet the animations are all coded and fired from creature button by just funcion/method calls, so the moves are probably just calling inverted animations. if it’s like that, can be just changing 2 lines of code.
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

I had to take a crack at these as well… If nothing else, for some levity.

GIF-220119_103341

GIF-220119_120421

8 Likes

Roar does not even look like a roar. For a roar Dino’s would not bite. They would scream

1 Like

probably very badly coded :wink:

1 Like

That’s what I suspect as well. Hopefully…

It can’t be anymore complicated than “this move uses animation x, this other one uses animation y” Just flip the two. They fixed Dilorach without breaking a sweat, so I don’t know what all this “research” is about.

My guess is that they’re analyzing how well Morty does with it’s current config and where to go with it and just can’t be bothered to switch the animations back until they decide if it needs revamping or not.

3 Likes

And it’s taking 4 months ? Come on … it’s just the best way to see they hate their first apex and disappointing the fan base

1 Like

It’s not hate, it’s a simple business decision. They figure they’ve milked Morty for all she’s worth at this point and need to make room for a new chomper extraordinaire.

As for the animations being wrong, they just figure it’s not worth the time to fix.

2 Likes

My biggest issue with mortem is the alert fatal strike. Why give a creature that has 100% vulnerable immunity a move that cleanses vulnerable? That move should be replaced with same thing allosaurus g2 has, cleansing shattering strike. Just my opinion…

3 Likes

In addition to mortem being nerfed previously, it seems its roar is not functioning properly. The creature details says the roar increases attack 50% for 2 attacks lasting 2 turns. But it doesn’t activate the attack increase until after the strike (roar) hits the opponent’s creature then goes away after the next hit, which means it’s only lasting for 1 attack 1 turn… anybody else?

1 Like

Yes this is exactly one of the thing we just discussed about :blush:

1 Like