When will we see a level cap increased

Any news about a level cap increase? I know of a few players that quit due to some maxed out characters. When you have a level 20 character exp stops so people quit. Can we bank exp for when the levels increase? Just an idea…

Jimbolya

I would be more interested to see a renown cap raise. Lots of people are capped there and it removes a lot of incentive to level heroes.

1 Like

What do you get with more renown? I have had 20 forever. If they increased it to 40 all you would be getting is more chests of gear that is worthless. IE common, rates and epics which a lot of people have maxed out or are very close to maxing out. The only thing it might help with is gear for some new character like a druid or whatever is next. When you have level 20 character you don’t get experience with them and most likely you have maxed out all gear except Lego pieces. Even if you get you Lego upgrade you may not want to upgrade with the hope level caps will be removed. This is my counter argument to your renown increase.

Jimbolya

I’m curious, what content are you facing is difficult enough that you feel your characters need to be more powerful?

1 Like

The current WotC D&D rule set unfortunately offers no provision for characters advancement beyond level 20. While this could change, I anticipate WoW will remain compliant with this cap.

2 Likes

Well if that gear is worthless, its all worthless. And 1 guaranteed leg for the character you pick is not to bad as loot goes in this game. Why ever have a cap on Renown? Why not incentivize leveling? Especially if you want a level cap increase. And way more people are at 20th renown than have 20th level characters. But, hey why not do both.