Ludia Forums

Where is the needed balancing of the arena in 2.0?

OK so they introduced a complete new feature (raids) and changed every Dino and make a boost reset… How does this help to balance the arena? People will just wait for the new tier list and put all the boosts back on the then best dinos. Might not be Thor though…

1 Like

Perhaps and maybe. We can learn to follow our calling. What creatures do you like? Use those. Don’t use something just because it wins.

2 Likes

Will it be balanced? Idk. Will it be different? Yes, completely different. People won’t put boosts back into their current dinos. They’ll want to try everything, trust me. Many powerful dinos became much weaker. Many weak dinos became much stronger.

2 Likes

The only crazy broken dino I’m seeing so far is Allo G2.
Everything else is either going from irrelevant to relevant, or (a few of them) going the other way round, but there seem to be more buffs than nerfs.
Even the strongest creatures, like Maxima can now be taken down by a simple Lethal Wound

That Allosaurus G2 is really nuts though. It’ll probably be able to take down Uniques now.

One problem I’m noticing is too many anti-evasion abilities. It seems like Evasion might go out of relevance again, like how Stun went out of relevance last time.

2 Likes

Actually evasion might be one of the few Allo G2 counters

AlloG2 is exclusive and impossible to level fast, so if you waste your FIPs on it, you’re allowed to have a strong creature on your team.

There’s arguably a difference between “strong” and “beats practically everything else without batting an eye”. At that point it isn’t strong, it’s just bad game design.

1 Like

Laughs in epic skill tournament

1 Like

Boosts aside, I feel like people severely underestimate how hard it is to balance this many different creatures / characters.
I guarantee you, there is not a single person on this forum, or in the player base for that matter, whose balancing suggestions for all creatures will be met with a complete agreement. Whatever the change, someone will find it unfair and broken.

1 Like