Where will be Aquatics in JWA

0 voters

I’ll expect them to be the next big thing after the apex update

4 Likes

I’m personally not sure they’re ever going to come. I mean, how would you even release them? Outside of the usual “pay for it” thing.

/s

10 Likes

Hopefully never.

Ludia said it’s not in their vision but not off the table.

1 Like

Aquatics would be neat in this game, but I 100% agree with this. Ludia couldn’t possibly add a MASSIVE addition like Aquatics without totally flooding the game with tons of bugs or making it P2W.

5 Likes

The only way they could work is if each current arena was edited to have a possible water pool of some sort so that water creatures could fight land/air ones. If they had to do separate water-only arenas, they’d need 13 new arenas plus enough water creatures to give everyone from newbies to top players a varied team of eight. That would balloon the app size to the point where they may as well make it a second game.

Even if they did edit each existing arena to incorporate water, they’d have to figure out a way for players to dart the creatures and place them in sanctuaries (this game tries to be at least semi-realistic, so they wouldn’t be magically floating in the air like water Pokemon). I’ve seen suggestions for a completely new map, which again, app size issue. Mobile games can’t get too big or they cut out a lot of players who don’t have high-end phones with tons of space.

I think this game will die before they ever get to aquatics (I still suspect it could be over by December), but if they ever do release them, it would be a major version update, so a 3.0 or a 4.0 kinda deal.

8 Likes