Ludia Forums

Which dinosaurs need to be changed

This thread is to get your thoughts on which dinosaur models and/or colors could use a change
For example the Tyrannosaurus Rex

Argentino just looks…off to me. I think it’s legs are too skinny.

2 Likes

in my own personal opinion the indominus rex should definitely get a new more movie accurate looking design/model

1 Like

Utarinex becomes red even though its parents are blue and green. It would have looked more accurate with a bright green or greenish blue color.
Then there’s Erlikospyx. Some darker colors would have made it look awesome, in spite of the funky duck head.

2 Likes

Exactly, the ludia model looks like a weird, defective cousin of the films interpretation of the creature

In some cases, I believe the game’s initial size/animation limits defined what they could do with a given dino. It took a while for them to do stuff like birds, and the brachiosaurus base. Apatosaurus base dinos were all awkwardly curled into their model space, for example, instead of extended, as dinos like that are displayed in museums. Complexity, I think, is also a factor, which is why Indominus might be missing some of her movie details.

The Rex did get a color update once upon a time. Idk who else here will remember it, but she used to be kind of a light golden brown, almost the same color as her eyes are now. She’s definitely based on the JW Rex, who’s an old girl. Her size, coloration, and somewhat chunky appearance make sense if you consider her having a long life in captivity. I consider the game’s version to be a younger, fresher version of her. The JP2/3 Rexes can all vary since they’re on different islands, have different sexes, and different ages. I think the one you posted is from JP3, yeah? In my opinion, with that big jaw and heavy brow, it looks like a male. Pale background color aside, his bands are vaguely reminiscent of Rex G2, but I do wish G2 had a darker base color…

1 Like

no, it’s the JP 1, JW 1 and JW2:FK rex

1 Like

Weird, she looks like thast literally nowhere else… She always appeared more of a solid brown to me, and less square.

1 Like

My bad, I chose an image of the cgi T.Rex, here are pictures of the animatronic

Man, her dark circles are almost as bad as mine. We must be related.