Ludia Forums

Which enemy do you hate to stumble across in a dungeon?

You stand at a fork in the path. Two rooms, two options.

You pick the path that indicates a type of enemy you’re sure you can deal with.
But once you enter the room, standing before you is a…

(List which enemy you hate to see when you least expect it, and why.)

1 Like

Gelatinous Cube

Can’t Brainwash em, can’t Immobilize em, can’t even Stun em.
All they do is sit there in your way, soaking up damage and throwing out ATK debuffs, while other ranged enemies have their way with you.

Sure you can kill them (and injuring works for one turn against them), but they’re just a pain in the butt to me.

2 Likes

Agreed!

Only thing worse is PVP, where I rarely win initiative, always miss while my opponent not only doesn’t miss but crits often.

But yes, gelatinous cube is the worst lol

2 Likes

I hate to disagree, but wraiths are the worst! They steal your buffs for themselves! I’d say gnolls are my second least favorite, because they make you unable to heal a character (R.I.P. Tommus), and my third least favorite are rust monsters, because of the debuffs.

2 Likes

for me it’s not necessarily one monster type specifically, rather it’s how combinations of monsters work together to be particularly annoying.

eg. spectres + gelatinous cubes. can’t target the spectres directly becuase of perma-stealth, so you have to kill the g.cube first, which has tons of HP’s and can’t be CC’d in any way (auto restore), meanwhile the spectres are gleefully one-shotting your whole team with their stupid reach attack (spectral grasp) that also pulls the target which deals extra damage.
you pretty much have to pray for a shevirath or saarvin “hit everything” proc on their basic against the cube so that it hits the spectres too and kills them with collateral damage.
speaking of reach attacks. the pull attack on the troll + multi-hit seems to do an absurd amount of damage. So for a single enemy type, they would probably be the ones I find most annoying, but at least they can be CC’d.

1 Like

These Beast Aren’t Nothing To Play With!!!

I don’t know if it’s a bug or intentional, but the mage’s disarm zone ability is treated as a melee attack even at range 2 by the game’s engine. That means it can target invisible enemy zones (if there are no taunts to draw fire).
It also means that it gets the rust monster’s debuff.
I’ve found the mage range 2 disarm quite useful at dealing with the spectre/cube combinations.

1 Like

Even if that ‘STONE GOLEM’ group is at lv.20, it’s worst!!! lol
Sometimes without CC, it was little hard to meet them :woozy_face:

1 Like

The cube/spectre combo is a pain for me… but the single enemy that I worry about the most is the troll. I think it’s the troll… two range double attack and pull.

2 Likes

Personally, I’ve always hated Trolls the most, since they first appeared (thankfuly, they don’t anymore at HCD, but still appear in HSM challenge from time to time to remind me why I hate them so much) There are only 2 options:

1. They get a turn first - They charge and one shot a character (confirmation bias- it’s always the mage which is my best damage dealer)
  2. You get a turn with a ranged/disarming character first - you kill them without taking any damage

I had a dungeon I had to restart ~50 times until I could kill all trolls before they got to attack. Whatever’s else in the room is irrelevant.

6 Likes

Owlbear…I’ll never forget them. :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

Trolls, by a long-shot. I love the design of Gelatinous Cubes too much to ever hate them! :smiley:

1 Like

I concur! They recover from status ailments instantly, so status ailments are useless. I also hate umber hulks (because they attack twice).

1 Like

1 Like