Ludia Forums

Which was the best patch?

Which is the best patch? Ludia has done a lot of patches and I would like to reflect on the patches and see which one was ludia’s best so that ludia can come up with some ideas to make the game balanced again.

0 voters

Ok…

#1: 1.8 => Sanctuaries (which made the game eminently more playable) and Crits => 1.25
#2: 1.5 => Alliances, Counter-Attack variety. Except… also Thor & Dracorat :expressionless:
#3: 1.6 => Alliance Missions & Stygidaryx :smiley:

1 Like

I feel like 1.5 was the best patch simply due to how balanced the game was. All the tyrants had big weaknesses and there weren’t even split tiers.

1 Like

1.6>1.5>1.4>1.3>1.2>1.8>1.10>1.11>1.14>1.13>1.12>1.9>1.7

In fact, 1.8 (not 1.5 or 1.6) had the most balanced meta. However, for me it wasn’t the best update because unfortunately it also had boosts 1.0

1.2-1.6 were the best times. Pretty balanced meta, no exclusives (except Diplo, but it wasn’t op because of exclusivity) and, what’s most important, no boosts. Good old times. Playerbase was growing instead of shrinking

1.10 was a nice update. Boosts 2.0 were invented and for a while (for around a week) there were no boosted dinos in the arena. Unfortunately, ultimately people decided to still boost their dinos…

Current times (1.11-1.14) are bad, but not the worst. They’re just boring. Apart from new creatures, nothing changes. Maybe in 1.15…

1.9 was horrible. After nice and balanced 1.8 (apart from boosts), Ludia decided to buff immunes (idk why, they were fine) and implement partials, what started immune meta. Nothing wrong in partials, but they are far too common and sometimes broken, making debuff dinos worse and worse
And 1.9 introduced Indo G2 :expressionless:

But 1.9 wasn’t nearly as bad as the worst update ever, 1.7. Surprising how close the best update (1.6) was to the worst one (1.7). Surprising how quick can you ruin such a great game.

But why was 1.7 the worst? Because we wanted to make our Rexes faster than Velociraptors…
But seriously, it seemed to be a great update to me when I was reading Release Notes. Until I saw the words " Ever wanted your Tyrannosaurus Rex to be faster than a Velociraptor? Would you like to increase the health of that creature with a Swap in Ability? Well now you can, thanks to Stat Boosts! "
I didn’t like this idea right away, however, I decided to give it a chance.
1.7 maintenance break started. Even on this issue, this update turned out to be the worst of all. On Android, maintenance lasted around 16 hours. No, 1.14 wasn’t even close to it.
When it finally ended, we could finally open new JWA. And it turned out to be horrible, way worse than 1.6. Boosts, tons of bugs (it was probably the most bugged update), broken darting and stupid new matchmaking system, to name some of 1.7 issues. Without doubt worst update ever.
Nothing weird that playerbase started to decline since 1.7

1 Like

Oh, I also forgot for 1.6.

Probably the biggest Quality of Life change.

You can open towers and supply drops from the large radius…

1 Like

1.6 (would be 1.8 if 1.7 hadn’t happened; sanctuaries were a big plus)

1 Like

I liked when they first introduced the 150m drone range. Spinning drops, darting dinos, and reaching distant towers was a big plus. I can’t recall the update number.

Also enjoyed the ones that introduced real dinosaurs and dinosaur hybrids.

Sanctuaries and alliance missions were a plus as well.

I think 1.7 made boost and the game has declined a lot since with a few pluses here and there. The update with the Cenozoic creatures was also the beginning of a decline for me too.

1 Like

I agree that 1.5 is the best, but I really like 1.12 because snakes.